Gimbal FREAKING Out

Reaction score
I just updated the firmware of my P3A to v1.5, and it looks like my gimbal has a mind of its own. It's moving back and forth, rotating from top to bottom and side to side on a diagonal, and it jerks back and forth every half-second or so.

Reading other posts, I tried calibrating the IMU, the compass, and the gimbal. Through all of this it just keeps jerking back and forth.

I saw in another thread where someone suggested deleting and reloading the GO app, which I did with no success.

I can post a video of what it's doing if that might help, or in case anyone wants to see what a screwed up P3A looks like.

Perhaps it's time to open up the gimbal? Any suggestions?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449955403.281549.jpg

So it appears the axle is WAY out of alignment with the camera. Anyone have a video link showing how to realign that?

The gimbal started going nuts at some point during the update. (I left the room while it was going.) Could it have knocked itself out of whack? I had a small crash last flight - a tip over on the landing because I'm an idiot and didn't hand-catch it. But it appeared to be fine afterwards.

Anyway...

Not sure I followed the right protocol, but I stuck a tiny flathead screwdriver into the slot just above the axle housing and rotated the camera so that the screwdriver impeded the rotation of the copper fitting inside, which stopped the axle from spinning as the camera rotated. Now it's back in alignment and appears to be working again.

Reactions: Reed L

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers