Gimbal freaking out at startup

Reaction score
Hello

So I recently had a small crash with a tree. After checking everything out, checking the system and new props I took back in the air. I had two really low quick flights and a third a few days later that was longer and I got some altitude but was only up for maybe 5 minutes. Just testing the waters.

I went to go for 4th flight and I start getting gimbal overload warnings after take off. I assumed it was the gimbal lock but after touching down confirmed it was not. The gimbal was making a weird noise and vibrating jerking around like crazy.

Here is a video of it acting up

I opened the back of the gimbal arm as described in a video I can no longer find and it looked to be set properly already.

What should I do?

Thanks

Hello

So I recently had a small crash with a tree. After checking everything out, checking the system and new props I took back in the air. I had two really low quick flights and a third a few days later that was longer and I got some altitude but was only up for maybe 5 minutes. Just testing the waters.

I went to go for 4th flight and I start getting gimbal overload warnings after take off. I assumed it was the gimbal lock but after touching down confirmed it was not. The gimbal was making a weird noise and vibrating jerking around like crazy.

Here is a video of it acting up

I opened the back of the gimbal arm as described in a video I can no longer find and it looked to be set properly already.

What should I do?

Thanks
Sounds like gears grinding????
You have to get that to an authorized DJI repair shop or buy another gimbal and camera setup, which is very expensive even if you find a used one

Whew!!

Figured it out! There is a small Alleny key screw at the base of the gimbal that needs to be tightened

Pictured center, the black screw. Very small allen key, believe I used a 1/16th which would be a 1.5mm in metric size. I did not have metrics that small but was able to tighten in adequately with the standard allen key.

p8RJ_drC1TmQsWeLMYrNZ4lSiQQhWbBcHq88W1f2xknM=w1407-h1056-no

Last edited:
Reactions: Ari
Yay, great to see you spotted the fix for this issue as well. I made a video and posted a thread so that more people stop sending their gear back to DJI for repair -
Just need to remind people that the arm needs to be slid up a fraction so that it's not touching anything but the yaw motor shaft before the grub screw is tightened. And yes, it does appear to be for a 1.5mm Allen key.

My rattling came back this weekend and I missed an awesome flight at a location a couple hours away dang it!

Going to make sure to carry this tool all the time now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav