Gimbal for base Hero

Reaction score
I just recently ordered a DJI Phantom 2 v2.0 from B&H. It comes with the ZenMuse H4-3D Gimbal Kit. The whole thing was 299.00 which I think is a pretty good deal. Ive been playing with "toy" drones for years now and this seemed like a pretty decent drone at a decent price to get started.

So heres the question. The ZenMuse fits a go pro 4 Black edition. I have a base go pro Hero. I purchased a bracket for the Phantom 2 to mount the go pro directly on to without the gimbal. Is there an inexpensive gimbal that will work with my base go pro I can pick up until I can build up some more "playing" money and upgrade my camera to match the ZenMuse?

The best member I know on aftermarket gimbals Is @J Dot and when he see this I'm pretty sure he can steer you in the correct direction :)

Hey Guys,
@dirkclod thanks for the alert.:)

Ok Snoopy,
Most China gimbals, for the phantom vision ( made to hold the FC200 camera egg ) , well most ALSO hold the go-pros, especially early model go pros. ( all P2's are the same ( except for frequency ) The gimbals can be found on eBay, from $50-$100, they are only 2 axis ( Pitch and Roll ) but they don't have axis #3 ( Yaw ) . Although cheap, they give very nice results, only downfall ( as with most multiple axis gimbals, is, they don't hold up well in a crash. ) but I have a couple now, and still use them. If you decide to go this route, I can build you a plug n play wiring harness, for the gimbal, but if you want to hook gopro to craft with fpv, you'll need to get the correct wiring ( GoPro stuff ) and a Tx/ Rx combo, and most likely a mini iOsd for telemetry, and a monitor to view.
Or just hit record and fly! You can do the 7th channel mod, to have pitch control.

Here is a very short video I did with my first China gimbal ( fc200, not GoPro )

Good luck, and glad to help if you need it!:)

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the info. Right now I'm probably going to go with the hit record and fly method right now. I'll look at the knock offs. Lots to learn about this stuff. Right now just getting my feet wet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj