Gimbal Firmware Update (Forced) 6/13/2014

mfp

Reaction score
Using the assistant software today to switch to NAZA-M it forced a Zen IMU update.

It doesn't do that 6 or 8 click setup that it used to do before the update.

And it doesn't sound like gears are grinding like before either.

I'm glad they fixed the hardware issue, but they can force updates if they want to, which I don't like.

Can you guys figure out a way to stop forced updates like they do with android OTA updates from the mobile carriers?

mfp said:
It's version 1.0.0.4 if anyone is interested.

just swapped out my camera and gimbal for a new one ( exchange) thank you motion r/c
and all is flat and level .
Now I hear forced update
.I m scared to plug it in :shock:

It actually seems to be better. Not much setup movement, you know those ticks it had?

The reason I know it was forced, is because I used the assistant software last night for the first time and nothing was updated. It downloaded the firmware like normal, but didn't update.

Today it forced update when I connected first time.

mfp said:
It actually seems to be better. Not much setup movement, you know those ticks it had?

still think with dji track record ill wait a week or two before I plug mine in make sure no issues arise :?

I don't like these forced updates I am hearing about at all. Its why I haven't plugged my Phantom in for two months! Guess I'll have to pull the ethernet cable next time I decide to plug her in?

Dirty Bird said:
I don't like these forced updates I am hearing about at all. Its why I haven't plugged my Phantom in for two months! Guess I'll have to pull the ethernet cable next time I decide to plug here in?

good idea thanks :)

Flown mine with the Zen IMU. No issues. Works fine. No more dancing around after start up. FWIW, I have never had an issue with any of the updates, on either my Vision or Vision+. Running 3.04 no both. Works fine. One thing I suggest is to hit the "DEFAULT" tab in the gain menu. This loads the latest greatest gains which I figure they tinker with for each update. Mine are flying great.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic