Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 387
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 392
Reactions: tcope
Just thinking outside of the box... with some of the "fans" looking to be different colors could it be that they are either different manufacturers, or slightly different parts, etc..? If so, could other parts on the Phantom come from multiple suppliers, aka be a possible reasons we have so much variable performance and errors? (excluding pilot error).

Does everyone with a Phantom 3 have that little fan on top of the gimbal? Attached is a photo. I'm led to believe this is a very recent update.

I bought a replacement gimbal clamp from UAVBITS.com and it was designed expecting that fan to NOT TO BE THERE. This renders the clamp useless since it won't fit, due to the fan being in the way. I'm curious if everyone has this fan.
The fan is on the P3P only as it needs it for the updated chipset

Just got my P3P today and it has the fan, but one of the blades appears to be broken at the root and hangs up on the top metal guard that protects the fan... Will get a hold of DJI support tomorrow, I guess their answer will be to ship it back and wait another two months... Sucks since I haven't even flown it yet :(
I wonder if I completely break that broken blade off how long will the fan live....

So if you have the P3A be happy that you don't have to send yours back because of a .02 cent fan...

Broke Professional with fan, ordered cheaper Advanced gimbal and no fan.
Until I found this thread it was confusing to me.

Hey I know this conversation is a little old but does anyone know where I can get replacement Fans? I have a brand new P3P and the lightbridge/VPS fan gets really loud when it's at max rpm. It sounds like the the bearings need to be lubricated.. It like a humming noise.. I'm going to take it apart today and check it out... If anyone has one or knows where to get them please let me know.

I got my P3P last week. It had a 2016 10year anniversary tag on it and newer Motors. It has a black fan on camera Gimbal and a white fan for the RX / VPS board.

I have a technical question for anybody that can answer it. When I listen to my ultrasonic sensors I can hear a slight clicking. The problem I'm having is when I cover one of the sensors, only one of them is clicking and the other does nothing. Is it because one is for transmitting and one is for receiving? If somebody else can try this out please let me know what you find.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl