Gimbal fan

Reaction score
Does everyone with a Phantom 3 have that little fan on top of the gimbal? Attached is a photo. I'm led to believe this is a very recent update.

I bought a replacement gimbal clamp from UAVBITS.com and it was designed expecting that fan to NOT TO BE THERE. This renders the clamp useless since it won't fit, due to the fan being in the way. I'm curious if everyone has this fan.

Attachments

• 1437097907446.jpg
    1437097907446.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,396
The guy at UAV bits flys Phantoms-- give him a call, if it doesn't fit-- I am sure that he knows that the fan is there.

I don't have one.
mines the P3A

Yeah, figured the had a Phantom 3 when they printed this clamp, but it certainly won't fit over that fan. I'm thinking UAV got an early P3.

I got mine 10 days ago and it does have the fan too. I'm LOVING this thing!!! Exactly what I hoped for!

Now I'm worried.. Can you guys validate if its an advance or pro model.
I hope I didn't get an early model....

All P3P's have the fan. The camera on the P3A likely does not get as hot as it's not processing nearly as much data.

Is this true that random units have a fan, and some don't? I'm purposed I haven't seen this

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does everyone with a Phantom 3 have that little fan on top of the gimbal? Attached is a photo. I'm led to believe this is a very recent update.

I bought a replacement gimbal clamp from UAVBITS.com and it was designed expecting that fan to NOT TO BE THERE. This renders the clamp useless since it won't fit, due to the fan being in the way. I'm curious if everyone has this fan.
f7ffe1bd49dd49385a38f2dd22179092.jpg
90770d96d5a205e526cab6d5c2b400b6.jpg

Is this the same thing? If so, why white. This is maybe a month old, but my second pro after a return. My first one was bricked by who knows. But I think it's "fan" was black.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mine is a P3P and it's 3 weeks old, it has the fan. It seems the advanced version don't need the fan.

Advanced owners should not feel bad. It's a good thing to NOT HAVE A FAN if you don't need it. It's a moving part, and moving parts are prone to failure!

Last edited:
Nothing new here, the P3 Pro has the fan (To add cooling for the video processing chip), the advanced does not have the fan.

I have not been able to find pictures of the inside the P3A camera to see if it is different from the P3P camera.

The fan placement from my understanding depends on if you own the Advanced or the Professional version as its only on the professional version 4k camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj