Gimbal drops 10 degrees in flight

Reaction score
Over the last 3 or 4 flights I have the following regular occurance with a calibrated gimbal.

After a couple of minutes into a flight (the time varies) with the gimbal pointing straight ahead, it suddenly drops (in pitch) by about 10 degrees so that it points slightly nose down. I am not doing any particular movement when this happens and so cannot associate the problem with any particular cause. If I use the scroll wheel to drive it back up, it goes back up and seems to stay there, unless I later move it intentionally.

Any clues ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Over the last 3 or 4 flights I have the following regular occurance with a calibrated gimbal.

After a couple of minutes into a flight (the time varies) with the gimbal pointing straight ahead, it suddenly drops (in pitch) by about 10 degrees so that it points slightly nose down. I am not doing any particular movement when this happens and so cannot associate the problem with any particular cause. If I use the scroll wheel to drive it back up, it goes back up and seems to stay there, unless I later move it intentionally.

Any clues ?

Thanks.

Hughie have tried to reset the gimbal? I know this video was for another reason but maybe it solve the problem you are having.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hughie
Thanks for the suggestion Jason. I had not considered this because my gimbal is not bricked. But something to consider. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion Jason. I had not considered this because my gimbal is not bricked. But something to consider. Thanks.

It doesn't have to be bricked in order to reset it.

I set the 'vertical limit' of the gimbal in the Assistant to -15 because when pointing straight ahead it was humming a bit, and I thought this may be related, and running it away from that end stop might improve the problem. That setting by the way looks like it still produces workable shots, with the added benefit of no prop.

Anyway I tried this configuration on a flying field this morning and the angle dropped again almost immediately, as I was climbing vertically. It stayed there for most of my 14 minute flight, but as I was completing my final decent down a glideslope it "looked up" again to its original setting.

Very strange. Looks like I will have to try Jason's suggestion of a reset. However this may be tricky since powering up the gimbal without the gopro in may cause damage.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.