Gimbal driving me crazy

Reaction score
I installed my gimbal yesterday, including the wires to the NAZA. I installed a lever on my transmitter as well.

I adjusted the settings so it moved from straight ahead to straight down.

While messing with it tonight, having my FC40 connected to my computer, when I moved it all of the way down, the gimbal would vibrate and sometimes shake pretty badly when I tried to point it straight down. Then it would no go all of the way up to where I had it set before.

Unplugging the battery and plugging it back in would set the camera straight ahead again, the it would do the same thing.

With some settings, it would vibrate when up all of the way (looking straight ahead).

I have to keep changing my settings to get it back the way I want it.

I have rerouted some wires and slid a wire tie to keep it from hitting a screw on the frame. The gimbal moves freely in both axis through the ranges of motion.

It's beginning to piss me off.

What is going wrong?

Oh, I ran the calibration on the transmitter, including with the lever.

Thanks.

You need to change the numbers relating to pitch control in Naza program. You need settings that are about 5 degrees down from level and 5 degrees up from vertical to stop that vibration.

I did that, but when I point the camera down and back up, it doesn't come up as far as I had it set to. Then is goes down further than I had it set. It's like the entire range of motion just changes.

I did get it to stop vibrating.

Another problem it has is when I rotate the FC40, the camera tilts badly.

how did you get it to stop vibrating ?. I have the fc 40 gimbal, it works great with the fc 40 camera, but when I put the Mobius camera on it tilts ok but it vibrates, don't have a clue were to start getting vibe free. so IM using it with the fc40 cam for now, but would like to get it working with the Mobius . if anyone knows would love the help. thanks. nice little gimbal works great out the box. hope you get some help with yours , thanks all

I know you have to have it balanced - it should hang evenly with the power off.

Also, with it turned off, rotate the camera and the thing it is sitting on through the range of motion. Does it "hang up" anywhere? I had 2 sets of wire that I had to move away from the piece that moved. The was a wire tie that a screw would bump as the camera turned downward. If anything causes it to hang up, the gimbal will vibrate or worse.

I moved the mount for my gimbal back so that it is under the center of gravity. I wonder if that is why the camera tilts when I rotate the quad.

Here is video from it. The quad is stationary.

http://youtu.be/W7cw3oEE1Go

I may have to play CG. but it works great with the fc40 cam ,so might just use that until I get a bit better at this. if it not broke leave to hell alone LOL. only thing is its killing flight time,

pert said:
I may have to play CG. but it works great with the fc40 cam ,so might just use that until I get a bit better at this. if it not broke leave to hell alone LOL. only thing is its killing flight time,

How did you mount the FC40 camera on it?

its made for the fc40. its that new gimbal. made by aerialfreaks, all you have to do is join the wires together. you point the camera were you want it , push a button, and its good to go. don't know a darn thing about gimbals, so I went with this one being it was made for the fc40, but was hoping to put my Mobius on, its a really nice gimbal, small, I never got good flight times from day one, 6 .5 mins with this im getting 5 mins, don't know if I should play with settings. every thing is stock, other then the update, I tried those graupner 3 blade props. I like the way they feel, but bad times, plus they don't have that flat spot to fit on shaft. that worry's me , I fly over water, the gimbal cost $250 . any hints on me getting better times, I using the 2700 MAH. don't like the way it feels wit 2 of them on. my biggest problem is I fly like a nut. need for speed . LOL its hard going slow. keep thinking im flying the SAB.

My GLB GL-2X 2-axis gimbal for gopro does insane vibrations!!
Moves up and down with the tilt lever ok, but sometimes it starts to oscillate on its own and any movement makes it go crazy lol!

Some ppl suggested using ferrite core rings on the motor wires where they leave the gimbal board. Haven't tried it yet.
None of the videos seem to help! :cry:

iv been looking at that thread. very interesting , cant order those 4000MAH, from Bermuda, be nice if pulse made some 4000 MAH that will fit, thanks .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers