Gimbal doesn't charge GoPro

Reaction score
Why doesn't my H3-2D Gimbal (Phantom 2) doesn't charge my GoPro? The first time I switched on the Phantom 2, it automatically switched on the GoPro and also charged it. That was also the last time it ever did that. Now I always have to make sure to use a fully charged GoPro because the Gimbal simply won't charge the GoPro.

What could cause that?

Are all the wires still connected?

Have you tried a different gopro?

What version gopro are you using?

Do you have an FPV setup, if so does the video feed still work?

Make sure you have correct generation of GoPro .... works with GoPro Hero 3 or Hero 3+

Pull the GoPro, pull and reseat the battery, remount GoPro. Should cure the issue. If not contact GoPro & request warranty.

Here's what I did:

1) Removed the bracket and pulled the GoPro out of the socket
2) Pulled the battery and put it back in again
3) Inserted the GoPro into the gimbal and tightened the bracket to fix the GoPro
4) Switched on the Phantom and et voila, it worked! The gimbal switched on & charged the GoPro!
--------- :) ------------ but wait...
5) Switched off the Phantom, but the GoPro stayed switched on
6.1) Switched off the GoPro, then I switched on the Phantom but the GoPro stayed off & didn't charge anymore :|
6.2) Switched on the Phantom with the GoPro still turned on, but still the gimbal didn't charge the GoPro anymore :oops:

==> To conclude. In order to make the gimbal charge the GoPro, I have to unmount it, remove the battery, install everything again and then it works exactly one time. After that, I have to remount everything all over again in order to make the gimbal charge the battery.

Obviously this is not how it's supposed to work. What could be the reason for that? Gimbal broken or GoPro broken?

id_mac said:
Here's what I did:

1) Removed the bracket and pulled the GoPro out of the socket

Obviously this is not how it's supposed to work. What could be the reason for that? Gimbal broken or GoPro broken?

GoPro issue

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I've got the same problem. This morning I found the GoPro battery completely drained, even though I had turned everything off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan