Gimbal does not stay straight.

Reaction score
Started yesterday. As the bird turns on the gimbal looks like this. I can calibrate the gimbal and it sets up perfect. Turn the AC off and back on and it looks like this again.

693ea25af5c40f6227f9b94909ce0ff5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's a lot! But you can adjust the camera roll in the camera settings. Don't know if or will go that far, though.

What kind of antenna mod is that? Maybe you pinched or reinstalled something that is effecting it now? Just a thought...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What do you mean? It's not bent. If I run the gimbal calibrate it straightens up.
He means to gently move the camera with your fingers. Then turn the AC off and see if it stays in the horizontal position when you turn it back on. If it does, then do the Cali for the final fix.

Tell me about the antennas, are those better than stock? Amplifier inside p3p or just replaced those? Swapping to cf body soon and looking to replace stock antennas. dB? And where did you buy those?

About your issue, gimbal arm looks little bend, i guess it had taken a hit or two?

Tell me about the antennas, are those better than stock? Amplifier inside p3p or just replaced those? Swapping to cf body soon and looking to replace stock antennas. dB? And where did you buy those?

About your issue, gimbal arm looks little bend, i guess it had taken a hit or two?

I have a DBS on the RC. Those on the AC are Matt175 "Bird Side 2.4hz. mod. I have only made a short flight with them because I installed them yesterday.

The gimbal has taken one small hit but nothing broke. Bent it back and did a gimbal calibrate and adjusted the gimbal roll all was good for a long time. Took it out of the case Saturday night to video a firework show and notices things where at an angle.

I have a DBS on the RC. Those on the AC are Matt175 "Bird Side 2.4hz. mod. I have only made a short flight with them because I installed them yesterday.

The gimbal has taken one small hit but nothing broke. Bent it back and did a gimbal calibrate and adjusted the gimbal roll all was good for a long time. Took it out of the case Saturday night to video a firework show and notices things where at an angle.
Hmmm.... so you had a small hit that was hard enough to bend the gimbal arm? The suggestion that NewMexicoFlyer suggested may not work, but of course it's worth a go.

Just wondering; are those antenna just for the P3S or all P AC?

Hmmm.... so you had a small hit that was hard enough to bend the gimbal arm? The suggestion that NewMexicoFlyer suggested may not work, but of course it's worth a go.

When I said bent it back it was just a tweak to get it straight. But it has been fine ever since till Saturday.

You would need to ask Matt175 He has a thread about them. I don't think they will work with light bridge. You don't even take out the old antenna's inside the bird. I didn't even take off the Gimbal. Again the antenna mod was after I found the gimbal sitting crooked.

Look at the horizon lights and house in this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When I said bent it back it was just a tweak to get it straight. But it has been fine ever since till Saturday.

You would need to ask Matt175 He has a thread about them. I don't think they will work with light bridge. You don't even take out the old antenna's inside the bird. I didn't even take off the Gimbal. Again the antenna mod was after I found the gimbal sitting crooked.

Ahhh, OK. Well, have my fingers x you can get a fix as
that is, as you say, well off horizontal.

What kind of antenna mod is that? Maybe you pinched or reinstalled something that is effecting it now? Just a thought...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Please discuss here, so that we don't sidetrack the OP's thread. :)

Homemade dipole antennas for 2.4ghz

Looks like I found the fix. I'll find out when I get home.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Matts175

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers