Gimbal Disconnected - rebuild

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a P3 Pro that was in a small accident. I stripped it down and inspected all the components. The drone still flew, but the gimbal was having a heart attack, it was still displaying image but it wouldnt angle itself correctly and eventually would come up with gimbal motor temp overload error.

There was also a small crack in the chassis, so I bought from DJI a new chassis, new screw and wiring loom kit and a new P3 Pro gimbal/cam kit.

I watched a bunch of videos and stripped it down, replaced what needed to be replaced and built it back up. On first boot, everything started great, the gimbal did its thing and settled nicely in position. I opened up the app and turned on the RC. The app was stating "No image transmission" in the message bar at the top, but other than the compass needing to be re-calibrated it was showing everything as being fine.

I have run the IMU calibration a few times, but still having the same "no image transmission" message.

Does anyone have any ideas? I tested the flight capability of the drone this morning, and it took off and hovered flawlessly so I beleive the rest of the drone is intact and working as expected.

Any help is appreciated, I hope ive not been sent a duff gimbal! :(

i had the same problem when my cable was pinched between the gimbal board and chasis. best to check!

Ill take the top half of the shell off tonight and double check all the cables there, and then check the gimbal one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers