Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal Disconnected Mid Flight : 1 Week Old Phantom : Proof?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Joe Gray, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Joe Gray

My 1 week old Phantom 3 Advanced has started to act up. I noticed I still had a video feed & full tilt control however I lost the ability to take pictures mid flight, all camera (shutter, ISO, etc) were showing as N/A on the screen. I checked the status menu and it said 'Gimbal Disconnected'.

I landed the phantom, re-started, and everything was OK. Landed again, new battery, gimbal good... then lost it again mid flight, land + reset. It's happened a few times and it's completely random.

The gimbal isn't actually disconnected, I have full video, tilt, and looking at the Phantom it's keeping everything level when I maneuver... just as it should.

I screenshotted the message once as I'll need some proof when I ask the shop for a replacement. I don't feel that's enough.

Is there any way to see this message in the log files? I've downloaded the ones from my iPad & the .DAT files from the Phantom however I don't know how to see the Gimbal Disconnect message. It doesn't show up on healthydrones.

Any ideas?

2. Joe Gray

Also, it didn't come up as a notification or warning, I had to dive into the menu to see the status!

3. Mark The Droner

Sounds like you have a poor connection somewhere. Also, if you're flying in cold weather, your poor connection would be more apt to be a problem, whereas in warm weather the problem may seem to go away. Since the craft is new, it's a warranty situation. Hopefully you'll get it back quick.

4. robsquad

connection on top of the gimbal would be my first place to look

5. Joe Gray

Yeah I think you're right, the store will give me a replacement if I return it within 21 days, I just need to be able to prove the fault... all I have at the moment is a single screenshot! I'm hoping there is some way to pull it from the logs as it happened a lot. It also happened yesterday however I thought it was just due to a low battery condition.

I just went for 3 flights and the error didn't come back... I'm just worried it might after the 21 days!

6. Joe Gray

Thanks for the reply, I've double checked all connections (it's only a week old, no crashes or hard landings), there is some ribbon separation however I've seen pictures of that before on the forums.