Gimbal Disconnected and No Image Signal

Reaction score
I took my P3A out the other night to get some shots of the sunset, everything went great, no issues the whole time. Finished up, packed everything up and headed home. Got the quad out this evening and upon startup, there is no image on my iPad mini 4, I have the "no image transmission" message and when I open the menu by tapping top of screen in dji go, I see "gimbal disconnected" next to gimbal status. When powered up, the gimbal acts as it usually does with its little dance and it centers correctly, green light flashing on gimbal, and I can move the camera up and down with the r/c. I have never crashed the quad and I'm the only owner. Not sure if it is related but I noticed this last time I signed into go dji, it kept defaulting to a professional instead of an advanced. I started up the motors and it recorded a flight, when looking at the flight, it has my quad as a professional. Looked around and haven't found anything that has helped, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. My thinking is something got messed up with the firmware, but I can't understand how it could happen when i hadn't done anything with it since my last flight.

Try deleting the cache and DJI go DATA files, reboot both device and drone.

Also could uninstall app, clear cache, reboot, re-install app. Slide model pictures to select drone type.

Tried these suggestions with no luck. I also tried to use my lg g4 instead of the iPad and still no signal and the app kept defaulting to a professional and it does not allow me to change it just like it started doing on,my iPad when this issue started. It seems to me like the app is recognizing the quad as a professional instead of an advanced. Everything works except there is no image being transmitted. Could it be the firmware has somehow become corrupted which might explain why the app thinks it is a pro and with it not being a pro, could that be why the camera might not be sending the image signal? Just trying to think of possible causes since this all began when the quad was untouched in between flights.

Might I suggest you look at the ribbon cable connecting the camera to the controller? I had exactly the same problem when putting in the HDMI module into mine. I was having no camera signal and the same problems marked in the menu. Mine would also be moved by the controller.
Whilst trying to install the cable back I found the other end came out of the controller. I took the case apart and re inserted the cable back into the slot in the board and then into the module. All was well after that. Lots of videos as to how to take the case apart and install a module. Worth a try I think.

Might I suggest you look at the ribbon cable connecting the camera to the controller? I had exactly the same problem when putting in the HDMI module into mine. I was having no camera signal and the same problems marked in the menu. Mine would also be moved by the controller.
Whilst trying to install the cable back I found the other end came out of the controller. I took the case apart and re inserted the cable back into the slot in the board and then into the module. All was well after that. Lots of videos as to how to take the case apart and install a module. Worth a try I think.
Would that be inside the gimbal or inside the shell of the quad? Thanks for the assistance!

Sorry for being an idiot an not explaining more fully. The surprising thing to me, and I am sure you, is that the ribbon cable is inside the comtroller connecting the main board to the output module on the back of the controller. You will see it's the large cable that's disconnected when putting and hdmi module in .i will try and find a link later for you if I can

Reactions: PDubz14
Sorry for being an idiot an not explaining more fully. The surprising thing to me, and I am sure you, is that the ribbon cable is inside the comtroller connecting the main board to the output module on the back of the controller. You will see it's the large cable that's disconnected when putting and hdmi module in .i will try and find a link later for you if I can
No problem at all. I'm not all that experienced at working on things like this so if it requires the quad to be deconstructed at all I might just send it in for repair. I'm willing to look into the controller though. I'm away from home for a couple weeks but plan on checking this out when I'm home. Again, thank you for any suggestions.

Honestly you will be fine. I have a muscle wasting disease and I managed. All you need do is unscrew four screws, break open the case. Reseat the cable and close the case. Nothing difficult. Look up on YouTube about how to install an extra aerial by connecting inside the case. Also look up how to install an HDMI module. You will have all the info you need.

Reactions: PDubz14
I took my P3A out the other night to get some shots of the sunset, everything went great, no issues the whole time. Finished up, packed everything up and headed home. Got the quad out this evening and upon startup, there is no image on my iPad mini 4, I have the "no image transmission" message and when I open the menu by tapping top of screen in dji go, I see "gimbal disconnected" next to gimbal status. When powered up, the gimbal acts as it usually does with its little dance and it centers correctly, green light flashing on gimbal, and I can move the camera up and down with the r/c. I have never crashed the quad and I'm the only owner. Not sure if it is related but I noticed this last time I signed into go dji, it kept defaulting to a professional instead of an advanced. I started up the motors and it recorded a flight, when looking at the flight, it has my quad as a professional. Looked around and haven't found anything that has helped, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. My thinking is something got messed up with the firmware, but I can't understand how it could happen when i hadn't done anything with it since my last flight.
I had exactly the same problem with my P3.
Flew a mission with Litchi - took the SD card out to watch it - put SD card back in - flew the mission again and this time there was no video.
Checked all cables etc. Problem was the SD card - removed and put it back in and hey presto vision came back on. Obviously not bedded in properly. Hope this helps.

I am sure by now PDubz14 has resolved the issue. I would like to know what the resolution was for the P3A. This is probably going to sound silly but I've been accused of worse. I have flying various models of the P2V with a smart phone for so long the pre-flight process is just a habit. When I got the P3A with the iPad mini there was definitely a learning curve. On my second flight with the P3A I forgot there was a USB cable that needed to connect the controller and ipad. So I see that message "Gimbal Disconnected" when I look at the aircraft status. And yet everything else appeared normal. I didn't realize what the issue was until I went to pack it up, and after that had many good flights.

Reactions: nikonrider
I randomly get this as well. After a minute or two, the video comes back. When it doesn't, if I manually move the camera (grab and give it a light push downward) the motors pop it back up and the image comes in. If I power up five times in a week, the issue appears maybe two of those times. Lately now I've been getting the GPS calibration fail due to interference. I calibrate in the same spot when I fly and half the time it takes, the other half there's an issue. Nothing magnetic nearby, usually out in a field. THANKS OBAMA

Sorry for the extended delay, I finally had a chance to get into the controller and have a look, everything is connected and looks fine. I tried another app to see what it said and I had the same issues, the app auto selected a p3p instead of p3a and wouldn't let me change and still no image. I have tried my iPad mini 4 and my lg g4 and multiple ad cards with no luck. I saw another post where someone had a similar issue and ended up needing a new gimbal for whatever reason. I think I have decided I need to send it off for repair (despite never crashing the thing!) and convienently, the quad just went past the warranty coverage. I'm having a hard time deciding where to send it, don't wanna end up regretting picking the wrong service place and I don't want to have to wait forever to get it back. Any suggestions as to a repair place? I'm located in Indiana. Thanks!

I have a P3P that had the No Image Transmission message, black screen on iPad. I had pieced this one together , bought camera, drone, and remote separately and wouldn't work. Both sellers claimed items worked correctly and perfect when they had them. Sent it into DJI, had 2 circuit boards in the gimbal/camera messed up. No way I could have diagnosed that myself. Supposed to have back Thursday, has been gone for a month now.

I removed the SD card to download images and had the same problem when I tried to fly the next day... I removed the SD card and reinserted it... the image instantly came on but I got a SD card error... so I pulled it out again, reinserted it firmly and formatted it... haven't had the problem since...

So basically, no one has resolved the problem that the OP asked about. No image transmission signal, gimbal disconnected and no lights on the gimbal plus the app showing p3pro instead of p3adv??????

Problem still persists, I've been planning on sending it in for repair. The more I've read about it I'm guessing the circuit board is the issue because all else seems fine.

Finally got my quad into a shop and they think the lightbridge and vision systems burned out. Gonna be $375 for them to attempt to repair so looking at hopefully going through with repair sometime this summer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj