Gimbal Dial Orientation

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the orientation of the gimbal dial control? I would like the camera to "look up" when I move the dial downward, and vice-versa.

Thanks,
Bill

As far as the app goes, no, you're out of luck but if enough people requested DJI to include the option in a future release of the app and controller firmware, who knows?
The other option is a fair bit more adventurous: if the gimbal control is a standard 3 pin potentiometer (as I suspect), unsoldering and swapping the 2 outside wire connections will reverse the operation of the control. The caveats are it will void your warranty, it may not work if it is an unstandard potentiometer (you can only try) and you could damage the controller if you're not careful. You'll have to weigh up the risk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought the same when I first started flying the P4 but in time it becomes more intuitive.

My brain must be wired so that when I turn the wheel to the right I am expecting the gimbal to move down and move up when I turn the wheel to the left. I still haven't found this other way around to be intuitive and invariable move the gimbal in the opposite direction desired. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers