Gimbal dead after update

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal.

I did the updates today. When I plugged the Phantom into the new Assistant software 3.6, it began updating automatically. During the first update (which I believe was the Main Controller update to 3.08), the gimbal began shaking and buzzing. Once the update said it was complete and to cycle the power, I did so. The gimbal has never powered back up, it hangs limply without power even when the Phantom is powered up.

I completed the all the other updates (both on the phantom and the controller), have done an advanced calibration, but nothing I do gets the gimbal powered up again. When I go to the upgrade tab in the assistant software, the gimbal is no longer listed.

It appears the gimbal isn't powering up at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this working? I'm hoping it's a software issue and not fried electronics.

Thanks,
Jim

Try hooking up the phantom to assistant software and go to the update page. Click on the current version of the MC which is linked to the firmware. It will prompt the pop up screen asking to upgrade. Which will just reflash the firmware. This issue could just be a bad flash.

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I reflashed the MC twice but the gimbal still doesn't appear in the assistant. I also followed the reset procedure in the video... Twice. The LED on the gimbal did change green to red, but the gimbal still doesn't appear in the assistant. I'm stumped!

Can't hurt to reflash Gimbal firmware the same way you did with MC. Worth a try.

That's if you can see its info on the upgrade screen.

I have the same issue, plugged my phantom 2 in, downloaded the update and now Ive got no power to my gimbal.

Update, I watched the video and did as instructed, the first time I did it I didn't follow the instructions explicitly like he did on the video and it didn't work (after I bridged the contacts, I turned the Phantom off, reinstalled my GoPro and then turned it on and plugged it in). I tried it a second time and followed along step by step exactly as shown in the video and my gimbal is back to working properly. :oops:

This saved my asre, just one time thru put back working. This forum has really helped in so many ways.

Update on my dead gimbal...

The phantom and gimbal were shipped back to DJI for warranty repair. They said they replaced the IMU board, and have test flown it. It's on the way back to me now.

I find it quite interesting that I had no issues with the unit until I did the latest firmware update.

Regards,
Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj