Gimbal Damping Unit Securing Pin Restriction

H

HintzeBros

Securing pins are installed to lock the damping unit in place. Without these pins in place your gimbal could pop out if the phantom experienced some shock. Im noticing that the pins are restricting the HD-3D gimbals range of motion. Is the restriction intended to avoid showing the landing gear in the frame? I'm wondering if I should remove the securing pins and replace them with loose zip ties so I can get the full range of motion. Also what dampers is everyone using? theres like 3 sets of dampers included and i'm trying to find which ones perform the best.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks, HintzeBros

Firstly - Pins are not needed. I have been flying both H3-2D and H3-3D gimbals since there launch and NEVER had an issue of a gimbal popping out of it's mount or coming loose.

Secondly - If you are absolutely hell bent on securing your gimbal, carefully take the securing pins supplied, walk over to your nearest bin (trash can), open the lid and make sure they are properly thrown away! Then simply take a small cable tie and pop it through ONE of the front gimbal dampers and secure it LOOSLY - Job done.

hellhole said:
Erm... how to I remove them pins?!?!?[BLACK HEART SUIT][COPYRIGHT SIGN]

Wire cutters. They are a 'Use one time only' securing pin.... i.e you have to break them to remove them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik