Gimbal Cushion Pins

Reaction score
Am a Nubee, so this may seem simple, but every pic I see shows only 2 of the gimble cushion mounting pins in place.
Interested in the reason and if there is anything fouI with using all 4.

The pins are just there to make sure the gimbal doesn't come off. I always assumed they only use two because four might take away from some of that cushion and you might get vibrations. You can run a couple zip ties loosely through the other two if you wanted additional support.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
The pins are just there to make sure the gimbal doesn't come off. I always assumed they only use two because four might take away from some of that cushion and you might get vibrations. You can run a couple zip ties loosely through the other two if you wanted additional support.
When assembling I mounted the other 2 and now am wondering if I should remove them.

a7cbb2e4e1d0a1603c05e808447c805b.jpg

This would be better. In the event of a crash,,

Am a Nubee, so this may seem simple, but every pic I see shows only 2 of the gimble cushion mounting pins in place.
Interested in the reason and if there is anything fouI with using all 4.
My advice would be to remove the two anti drop pins you added and replace them with loosely fitted zip ties. Having all 4 pins in place increases the chances of jello or other vibration related issues in your video.

The pins aren't too hard to remove and you can still save them as extras.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Will remove the 2 "extra" pins and apple small wite tie.
Thank you very much with the list of helpful tips. Will follow thru on each.
Super contributor to get one going!
Thanks again.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20