Gimbal crazy.

Reaction score
When turning on my P4, the gimbal has gone crazy, turns in all directions without stopping, I have tried to do a calibration of the gimbal but it gives error. Of course no blow has been taken. Any solution or do I have to take it to the technical service?
Thank you.

Sounds like you need to send it in to DJI. I had a similar issue on my Mavic, and it's in getting fix right now. However my P4 and P3P gimbals have always been pretty solid, other than the typical slight horizon tilt from time to time. It takes about 2-3wks to turn around at DJI, not counting shipping time.

Reactions: JCJMC
That will happen when the gimbal is bent. I would look real close at it cause they will bend and not break. Bad thing is it will break when you try to bend it back.

Well here you have the error, first I take a few shots so that you can check that everything is correct, there are no punches, there are no dents, everything is correctly connected and then I turn on.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well here you have the error, first I take a few shots so that you can check that everything is correct, there are no punches, there are no dents, everything is correctly connected and then I turn on.

Make sure the ribbon cable isn't loose, but be careful when doing so as it is VERY fragile

Everything looks straight. Is the camera image showing on the app? I am by no means an expert but I have been watching videos for weeks on these things. If the gimbal is not bent then it's most likely the ribbon wire. I would send it back to DJI if you can. If not the only thing to do is replace the ribbon wire and cross your fingers. I seriously doubt it's a software issue especially if you haven't updated it lately but you can just update it and rule that out. It is a total pain in the backside to replace that ribbon wire so you may as well rule everything else out first.

I would definitely send that craft into DJI for warranty repair. Contact them by email and send that video to them. Ask for a prepaid shipping label for warranty repair. They'll likely give you a new craft.

Reactions: Duchunter
I agree, try a new ribbon cable. Or contact DJI. If it is not damaged they may repair it for you. I have had good luck with them

Good luck.. poor thing looked like it was throwing a tantrum haha.. Shaking it's head saying no!! I don't want to!!

Reactions: JCJMC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan