Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal Control Issues

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by paulgrenga, Feb 6, 2015.

1. paulgrenga

After having received my new P2V+ (a replacement for the one that was lost to ESC failures), I set the bird and RC up with the current assistant(s) software(s) like we all have before. Everything was "5 by 5" except that the gimbal was moving really weirdly. I searched the DJI site and after finding no solution, looked here. This is an old post from MoparBob. I followed the instructions and Bob's advice fixed my gimbal issue completely. If I hadn't found this post, I would have sent the bird back. I am re-posting this here so that it"s easier for the next pilot to find. Thank you MoparBob!!!!

2. flyNfrank

What camera firmware and dji app version are you currently using?

Was your quad replaced by dji?

3. cdavidell

Thanks for posting this. I had upgraded to 3.10 firmware and all was well for me other than a sluggish, jerky gimbal when raising it back up to the horizon, I had only flown indoors in a good size sports club since the upgrade. Last night after seeing the release by DJI to downgrade to 3.08 firmware and I downloaded a fresh copy of Phantom Assist from the DJI site. It went well (I did notice the "upgrade" button did not read upgrade, but pgrade with a symbol after the letter e that I could not read). After the firmware downgrade I ran RC Assist (version already on my computer) and then calibrated the RC Transmitter in Phantom Assist. I still had the slow jerky gimbal movement when I raised the gimbal. During the calibration in Phantom Assist the X1 roller moved fine on the screen in the down movement, however it was slow and jerky on the screen and gimbal when moving up. It would not go up full range on the computer screen and jerked about on the up movement. I thought this was the start of gimbal issues.

I read your post his morning, I followed all the steps listed and voila the gimbal is back to normal. Thanks for taking the time to post the solution.

David

4. paulgrenga

The latest camera firmware, sorry don't recall the version. It's the one posted on DJI's site right now. The Assistant software is 3.8.

Both DJI and B&H Photo gave me RMA's. I choose to return it to B&H. This is from them. They said that this has the latest ESC's. I haven't checked them myself yet.

5. offthefront

DadGum !!!!!!!! werked ....... muchas Gracias' !!!!!! ................ otf