Gimbal Confusion

Reaction score
I have been reading about the differences between Gimbals, specifically the Zenmuse, Goodluckbuy, and CM3000 and am a bit confused on one point: how to connect them.

I have the Phantom v1.1.1.

I thought the Zenmuse was literally plug-and-play, but then read that you need to use its own controller box, which adds extra weight. Then I read that the Goodluckbuy plugs directly into the NAZA 2, though takes a bit of tweaking. The CM3000 is just a bit heavy, from what I've read.

So my question: build differences aside, which is easier and overall lighter to connect to the v1.1.1 Phantom?

Well, All the gimbals BUT the Zenmuse are pretty much the same - they require 12v (3s) power that is provided but he Aux power wire that you can find in one of your landing gear legs.
and then to do the tilt, that requires running a servo cable wire from the gimbal to the F2 port in the NAZA.
(and you'd need a tilt lever for your Transmitter).

The Zenmuse is a little different,. it requires you to purchase a PMU2 or get an upgrade board for our older Phantom, but is is one of the lightest gimbals.

the Tarot tho is just a bit heavier tho.

Also, the CM3000 is a 3-axis gimbal, the others are 2-axis. This is a wide range of choices you have here, I think you need to decide what you really want :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj