Gimbal clamp + lens cover

Reaction score
Just a quick heads up for a nice little product I found on eBay for a couple of quid. I hated the supplied clamp with a vengeance and it didn't cover the lense. This is a 3D printed clamp and cover combined which works a treat. It's also dead easy to take off and put on
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1450884539.307690.jpg

Looks good but wouldn't work for me. My Storage case came with a separate foam piece that snugly fits around the camera and legs. The camera is immovable when installed. However I still use a vertical gimbal clamp along with the foam to ease my OCD fears of the camera jumping around while in transit.

I recommend this one since you have a case with foam piece just like mine. Works great...
DJI Phantom 3 Deluxe Flight Kit - eBay

Yes my backpack is one of those with compartments which you can change about according to what you're putting in it. Works well, but without the clamp, the camera would flop about.

Wacker2611, I printed one of those and found it wasn't too durable. The piece that holds the hinged part closed broke off after about 10 uses.

Will it fit if there are 3rd party filters on? It's the lens cover rigid or flexible?

Will it fit if there are 3rd party filters on? It's the lens cover rigid or flexible?
It will if the 3rd party filter replaces the stock UV filter (e.g. TACO-RC). The lens cover is rigid. It's made of hard plastic.

Wacker2611, I printed one of those and found it wasn't too durable. The piece that holds the hinged part closed broke off after about 10 uses.
You were totally right. Snapped it today, not worth buying even at that price!

Ah, too bad. It's a really nice design, but it needs a tweak somewhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1