Gimbal Clamp/Camera Protector

Reaction score
Just wanted to get a feel for if anyone purchased an aftermarket gimbal clamp and/or camera protector? I'm curious to know how many people use them. The gimbal clamp that came with the Phantom 3 seems pretty weak....the camera still points down and is allowed to move. I'm not really sure when I'm even supposed to use it. I haven't transported it so to speak, but I do walk several hundred yards down to the park by my house to fly it..........is that ok that I'm carrying it around without the clamp on it?

Try installing it like this:

Great thanks! I'll try when I get home. What's your suggestion on the camera guard? Do you think those are necessary?

Camera guards are not necessary, but it would be a good accessory to own if you're not an experienced flyer. If interested, you can find commonly used camera guards here.

I would highly recommend considering a 3rd party gimbal lock. They are so much easier to put on and take off. They also protect the camera lens.

I agree. I'm going to purchase the Camera Guard and Gimbal Support from UAV Bits. How about the Carbon Fiber Camera Support they have? Is that necessary?

I agree. I'm going to purchase the Camera Guard and Gimbal Support from UAV Bits. How about the Carbon Fiber Camera Support they have? Is that necessary?
FYI - Just ordered these. Their camera guard and gimbal support do not fit the standard. The carbon fiber guard does not fit the Standard's legs. You can make the P2V+ carbon fiber guard fit, but you have to cut a notch out of the corner. The string arms fit though.

FYI - Just ordered these. Their camera guard and gimbal support do not fit the standard. The carbon fiber guard does not fit the Standard's legs. You can make the P2V+ carbon fiber guard fit, but you have to cut a notch out of the corner. The string arms fit though.

The P3S' 'legs' are not the same as the P3P/A ??

Seriously? I ordered both from UAV from Gary, and they will be in in a few days....ur telling me these wont work?

Let's complicate our lives more by having MORE needless part variations...

- DJI Engineer overheard at lunch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20