Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal cannot receive MC data

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by sammyhilfiger, May 31, 2015.

1. sammyhilfiger

So, I've got my P3P few days ago.
    Updated firmware on both bird and RC right after opening from the box. (RC didn't need any update though)
    Took it outside 3 times and each time after I start the unit, I get this error message.
    Then I try to plug the black cable back in by pressing the end. Although it looked like it was connected all the way in. Message disappears and I proceed to calibrate compass and start the motor and get this bird up in the sky and shoot some videos with no problem.
    Did this happen because I have never done IMU calibration after the firmware update?
    Contacted DJI Live Chat and the agent told me that this is a probably defective unit and advised me to contact them via email. Just sent an email and I'm wondering if anyone else has same issue.

Attached Files:

2. DrChris

Has the error gone away for good after you re-seated the pins? If it persists after you have worked on that plug / pins, it may be a hardware issue that you need to have repaired.

Chris

3. sammyhilfiger

I didn't have to reseat the pins as they were properly installed. I just pushed it in like it would go in a bit more which it didn't. Error came back on when i turned off, went to different spot and turned back on.