Gimbal / Camera savers? Do they work?

Reaction score
Do they actually work?

I see them on ebay and other places, made from plastic that seems to just slip on the gimbal behind the camera,
and also an aluminum one that goes on the gimbal next to the camera.

Not sure they are worth it or not. Would love some actual input. TY

Do they actually work?

I see them on ebay and other places, made from plastic that seems to just slip on the gimbal behind the camera,
and also an aluminum one that goes on the gimbal next to the camera.

Not sure they are worth it or not. Would love some actual input. TY
They do for a fact work-- in some instances-- depending on the crash impact-- if they save a gimbal or camera, they are well worth the cost. Mine went on the first month after I saw all the destroyed gimbals and cameras following crashes. Don't think twice, put em on--may save you 600 bucks

Which ones are best?
The plastic small one :
maxresdefault.jpg

Or the aluminum one :
KRC-AC-P3GS-DJI-Phantom-3-Gimbal-Saver-IMG-9-2000px-Logo-400x400.jpg

I have the aluminum one by Killer RC-- looks like it is an original part and is well made.

I have the aluminum one by Killer RC also. Very clean looking.

Also have the carbon fiber saver by UAVBITS. Very quality machining on the carbon fiber.

Anyone notice any effects to the gimbal while using the device? Stuttering or vibration while filming...?

Thanks,
Mark.

mine is due to be delivered tomorrow .. the aluminum one by Killer RC

I have the Killer RC gimbal protector. I fitted it as a precaution only as there was clear evidence that the gimbal ribbon was a potential weakness if involved in a heavy or unstable landing. I'm aware that this was certainly an issue for P2 owners but seems less of a problem with P3 so far. The Killer RC is unobtrusive and looks as if it's just part of the gimbal fitting. My only word of caution is to ensure that you fit the protector so that it isn't too tight that it impedes the travel of the gimbal resulting in jerky video and tilted horizons. This happen to me and was easily rectified once I had worked out what the problem was.

Not really sure or not if it really works but I can say that after a year and a few months of flying my gimbel is still intac. Installed the aluminum on when she was new. My second bird doesn't have one and she is still together also. Haven't taken any really hard landings as of today though. Piece of mind is good for the price although. I think either will do the job when the time come. Strickley preference.

Would like to know how you get on with this..

Also, what was total price / delivery time to the UK?

Cheers
hi Justin, it has not come yet but due on the 8-10-15. was ordered on 1-10-15.. and it was £39.00 all in

hi Justin, it has not come yet but due on the 8-10-15. was ordered on 1-10-15.. and it was £39.00 all in

Thanks for the info!

I would be great if you could find out the weight of it!.. a post (above) has a link to an eBay item - very similar.

What I did notice was that the aluminium type is slightly different (6061 v 6063), however, I did see that the weight of the item (in the link) was just over 11g - although the price was almost half?!

I'm very curious to compare the weight - to see what (if any) difference this may/may not have.

Got mine today,it's very well made and fits perfect.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444235637.455082.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444235655.443180.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444235669.388829.jpg

Can anyone confirm that the camera does not touch the killer rc one on start up. I had one which i bought from a company on here UAV BITS but the camera touched it on start up, i contacted them and they sent me a knew one out which was a little thinner but the camera still touched it on start up so have never bothered keeping it on.

Can anyone confirm that the camera does not touch the killer rc one on start up. I had one which i bought from a company on here UAV BITS but the camera touched it on start up, i contacted them and they sent me a knew one out which was a little thinner but the camera still touched it on start up so have never bothered keeping it on.
Just checked mine and it clears all movement from the camera by at least 6mm.

Can anyone post the link to the Killer Rc product? Want to get something tried and tested! Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20