Gimbal/Camera Repair

Reaction score
I took a pretty decent crash and the camera broke. One of the gimbal rings broke and it
IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_2993.JPG
also tore the ribbon tape. Is this repairable, or will I have to buy a new camera? If a new camera is necessary, what would be my best option to find a reasonably priced replacement?

You need a gimbal roll arm and a gimbal ribbon cable. Those parts can be purchased here on Amazon.

Last edited:
Can't see the yaw arm in the pics. Better check it also for a bend
I sent it up for a flight without the camera on just a line of sight flight, it seems to lift and hover properly. What symptoms would I look for if this was damaged?

I had pretty much same damage to my P3S.
Flew fine camera works. No gimbal operation
Replaced cable and arms.

Still no gimbal operation.
The quest continues.

Good luck.

Bill

Can't see the yaw arm in the pics. Better check it also for a bend

I sent it up for a flight without the camera on just a line of sight flight, it seems to lift and hover properly. What symptoms would I look for if this was damaged?
The yaw arm is the arm that hangs down off the belly of the Phantom.
They can bend and twist in a crash like yours where the roll arm has broken (like yours)

I had pretty much same damage to my P3S.
Flew fine camera works. No gimbal operation
Replaced cable and arms.

Still no gimbal operation.
The quest continues.

Good luck.

Bill
You said your camera works? Sounds like your gimbal cable may be unplugged. The force that broke off the gimbal may have unseated the cable where it snaps into the gimbal. It is not a particularly strong connection.

You said your camera works? Sounds like your gimbal cable may be unplugged. The force that broke off the gimbal may have unseated the cable where it snaps into the gimbal. It is not a particularly strong connection.

Thanks, will double check

Ok I am confused. JUst to put it all into perspective. I replaced the gimbal cable and the broken arms.

The camera works and I can record to the SD card with it,

I lock the gimbal up when I fly it so it does not flop around.

Is the WIFI part of the Phantom built into the Gimbal??

So when you say the Gimbal cable is unplugged how is that possible if the Gimbal cable is used to tie into the camera and the camera works??

So when you say the Gimbal cable is unplugged how is that possible if the Gimbal cable is used to tie into the camera and the camera works??
I guess poorly seated would be a better description. The cable could be unplugged a little bit and making connection with the camera but not the gimbal.

Ok Gotcha. Thanks
I have checked alll the ribbon cable connections. Looks good!

I am looking to buy a p3 standard that has this issue except it's not damaged, the gimbal just won't calibrate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers