Gimbal/Camera problem? and Stress crack!

Reaction score
Hi guys..looking for advice. My Phantom 3 flies well...but recently i noticed a stress crack near one of the back motors. Not long after, I also noticed the gimbal/camera shaking or jerking whilst flying. It was very subtle at first...so i thought it may have been wind pockets or something like that. Now it's been getting worse. Looked it over..everything seems fine. Done IMU callibrations etc..changed the dampeners and props ..checked the screws..they look tight enough...i'm baffled. Called DJI..sent them the small photo and video..they said i should send it to China..they want the invoice ..i bought it direct from them..so its on their website etc. I hear horror stories about the time it takes to get fixed. I bought it last May 30th. They didnt say if it would cost me or if it was free under the warranty ..also do i pay the postage..i live in Korea.. it will cost about 40 dollars to send it. Should i sell it ..i'm thinking about a pro3 anyway. Sorry to waffle on..just need advice...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

782de33b17a8dd2144e3d80a028fb18e.jpg

Last edited:
They didnt say if it would cost me or if it was free under the warranty
Assuming you didn't crash your Phantom, it should be fixed/replaced under warranty. You could confirm that with DJI support before you send it in to be repaired.

Reactions: DannyBhoy
Assuming you didn't crash your Phantom, it should be fixed/replaced under warranty. You could confirm that with DJI support before you send it in to be repaired.
Thanks..i haven't crashed it..got it last may 30th ..guessing its a one year warranty.. do you know if i pay the postage ..or do they have a pickup service. ..i sent an email asking these questions.. ..but still waiting on a reply...if i knew what the problem was with the gimbal...would think about just paying for it to be fixed locally...i don't want to be without it for 4 to 6 weeks...good weather has arrived now..thanks for your advice[emoji1]

Those are all great questions and I think it would be best to work with DJI to get the answers.

Those are all great questions and I think it would be best to work with DJI to get the answers.
Thanks again appreciate it :) They are indeed great questions... just needed validation. I'm sure DJI will get back to me sometime. But still wanted to know from members who have had similar dealings with them, and how they resolved them...ho hum we shall await their reply:grinning:

Hi guys..looking for advice. My Phantom 3 flies well...but recently i noticed a stress crack near one of the back motors. Not long after, I also noticed the gimbal/camera shaking or jerking whilst flying. It was very subtle at first...so i thought it may have been wind pockets or something like that. Now it's been getting worse. Looked it over..everything seems fine. Done IMU callibrations etc..changed the dampeners and props ..checked the screws..they look tight enough...i'm baffled. Called DJI..sent them the small photo and video..they said i should send it to China..they want the invoice ..i bought it direct from them..so its on their website etc. I hear horror stories about the time it takes to get fixed. I bought it last May 30th. They didnt say if it would cost me or if it was free under the warranty ..also do i pay the postage..i live in Korea.. it will cost about 40 dollars to send it. Should i sell it ..i'm thinking about a pro3 anyway. Sorry to waffle on..just need advice...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

782de33b17a8dd2144e3d80a028fb18e.jpg

I recently sent my P3P in for service they sent me a link for a shipping label they paid for all shipping. My P3P was not sent to China it was sent to a USA repair facility since I live in the USA. The important point, get a ticket generated for the problem it will provide a time stamp for warranty issues. They will not tell you how much the repair will be until they inspect it, at that time you can authorize the repair or if under warranty they will repair and send back to you at no cost. Be patient it will take at least 3 weeks maybe 4.

Am I the only one who expects someone with the name Billy Mays to pop into the forums typing in all caps with a magic mighty drone crack repair kit?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic