Gimbal/Camera Misaligned

Reaction score
Hello!

I just activated my P4P earlier today and as the firmware update has completed, I noticed that the camera isn't square with the landing gear. When looking at the P4P, the camera is pointed slightly to the right. The P4P is running and is set on a flat level surface. Should I return the unit or is this normal and would correct itself during flight? Didn't fly it as I was skeptical on its integrity.

Please see the pictures attached. I have used a tape measure for reference.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• P4P-camera01.png
    P4P-camera01.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 428
  • P4P-camera02.png
    P4P-camera02.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 451
  • P4P-camera03.png
    P4P-camera03.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 366
  • P4P-camera04.png
    P4P-camera04.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 414
  • P4P-camera05.png
    P4P-camera05.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 505
You may get a correct gimbal if you use the "gimbal auto calibration" on a 100% level surface.
See pic
That said, many report a drift from center from time to time.
e861cb0de8b1456b2b42377e2a1a28cd.jpg

Reactions: Daskid
You may get a correct gimbal if you use the "gimbal auto calibration" on a 100% level surface.
See pic
That said, many report a drift from center from time to time.
e861cb0de8b1456b2b42377e2a1a28cd.jpg
I will try this tonight. Thank you!

But does the camera on your bird align correctly after boot up?

I will try this tonight. Thank you!

But does the camera on your bird align correctly after boot up?

Yes, it has been a success for me, but I have been lucky with my camera/gimbal vs some. It has drifted on rare occasions, but not as bad as some have reported.

Some have had to just send it back and others have had success like myself.

Running a calibration is in my opinion a must before considering any other option.

After several tries, it's still misaligned. I will be exchanging it for another one and hopefully I won't get another defective unit.

Also my camera was misaligned (to the right) and the gimbal calibration had no success...

Just to provide an update, I returned this unit and got a new replacement from BestBuy. The second unit was worse. Not only the camera is pointing to the other side, but also having a roll that I cannot correct. Tried downgrading to the previous firmware, IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, etc. and nothing worked. It also wobbled when I flew it.

I quickly returned it and got another replacement. I told myself that if this unit has the same ridiculous issue, then I'm done with the P4P. Turned on the third replacement and to my surprise the camera is pointed straight out and the roll perfectly level. Updated the firmware and it had retained the perfect gimbal behavior. Flew it out and it was perfect. So I'm about to purchase DJI care refresh as I found my bird to own.

TLDR: Kept replacing it until I got the one without any issues. Now, I'm golden!

Just to provide an update, I returned this unit and got a new replacement from BestBuy. The second unit was worse. Not only the camera is pointing to the other side, but also having a roll that I can...
Same for me... but only one change! The new one was perfect!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers