Gimbal Calibration question

Reaction score
I have two P3Ps.

This morning, I checked the IMUs. Neither needed calibration.

Then I went ahead and zeroed out the Gimbal Roll settings and did a Gimbal Calibration on each (one after the other). To my surprise, they did somewhat different things.

First bird: After awhile, the gimbal did the normal swing left/right a few times, then pointed straight down, then pointed straight ahead and calibration was done. The horizon looked pretty good.

Second bird: this one did the left/right swings, but rather than follow that with a straight down, it went limp for a few seconds. Limp, as in it dropped and hung at a random angle, like 25 degrees or something. After a few seconds of that, it woke up and pointed straight forward and the app reported that calibration was complete. But the horizon didn't seem like it straightened out much.

So how about that limp behavior of the 2nd bird? Do you think that is suspect? I certainly found it odd.

Thanks,
Chris

I think it's because of the cable if it's broken in yet or not. I have 3 phantoms and 2 do the same and 1 is different. As long as it's operating correctly don't worry. Just fly safe and responsible

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues