Gimbal calibration not working as expected?

Reaction score
Hi all,
My P3P is only a few weeks old and has just 8 flights on it.

I did the latest firmware upgrade the other day and all went well, also did the IMU and gimbal calibrations straight after that.
On the second flight after this I noticed the horizon was not level, not far off but not perfect so I tried the gimbal calibration again but get the following odd result where it calibrates to the left and right but then just drops loose like so:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It does eventually very slowly creep back into the correct position but this can't be right surely? Never used to do this when I calibrated previously?

It's never had a hard landing or crash.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hi all,
My P3P is only a few weeks old and has just 8 flights on it.

I did the latest firmware upgrade the other day and all went well, also did the IMU and gimbal calibrations straight after that.
On the second flight after this I noticed the horizon was not level, not far off but not perfect so I tried the gimbal calibration again but get the following odd result where it calibrates to the left and right but then just drops loose like so:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It does eventually very slowly creep back into the correct position but this can't be right surely? Never used to do this when I calibrated previously?

It's never had a hard landing or crash.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Not sure, if it can be connected, but did you do IMU cali properly?

Reactions: Muzza80
The results go as follows:

Gyro 0 0 0 0
Acceleration 0 0 -1 1

Is that what you mean?

Yes sure did, calibrated immediately after powering on the bird on a perfectly flat and level surface.

Can we just confirm that this is not normal behaviour of the gimbal during calibration?

It's this "dropping" of the gimbal during calibration that's got me puzzled. After the bird is up and I adjust the horizon about 1.5 degrees it's perfect, no other complaints about any aspect of the bird/gimbal. Maybe I should just get used to tweaking the horizon and stop worrying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers