Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal block

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by exit 4, Feb 4, 2016.

1. exit 4

I know there are a number of threads on accessories, but I need your help. I am looking for a gimbal block the goes on easily and doesn't make me think I am going to break the gimbal. I bought the white 2 pack from polar pro, but I don't like the way I have to hold the camera so tight to put it on. Anyone know of one that goes on easy without feeling like you must manipulate it too much? I appreciate your help.

2. Sinisalo

3. exit 4

Do you use this one? It looks good, just wondering if it is real tight like the ones I have?

4. TomW

I have the one Sinisalo recommended and I can't say it is any easier to attach. I still have to hold the camera and push the cover on.

5. Air Ontario

I use the polar pro that slides over their ND filter(after removing stock camera lens)
    DJI Phantom 3 Lens Cover/Gimbal Lock

I didn't by it here but looks the same, mine makes contact over the lens, on the top edge of camera mount and on the pitch arm for the camera. I like it and it is easy on/off.

6. Sinisalo

7. Sinisalo

I also have the polar pro camera holder and I like it but you have to use pressure in the right place when clipping it to the gimbal arm. I don't like that there is a lot of play around the camera lense but I guess that would allow it to accommodate more lense filters. I have not tried to see if the rainbowers filter will fit in that clamp yet because I will most likely be putting the rainbowers filters all the way away every time I use them.

8. Sinisalo

I seriously doubt you have the one I linked to, it is made a bigger diameter on purpose around the camera lense so the Polar Pro and Rainbowers filters will fit. All you have to do to put it on is hold the back side of the gimbal plate with one finger while you press the other side onto the front of the gimbal top plate.

9. exit 4

I like that one, sadly it is not available on amazon now. Real nice, dang.

10. Sinisalo

You can find them on Banggood, gearbest, eBay, or even find the 3-d printer file on thingverse

11. exit 4

Thanks so much. Just ordered it from Banggood. Appreciate it.

12. Sinisalo

You are welcome