gimbal bangs on table on self test

Reaction score
I have just installed a new H33D to my Phantom 2.

It seems straight and level but one thing which does not seem right is that during its startup self test, when it points 90 down and rolls left and right, the right hand side bangs on the table.

Almost as if the whole thing is too low.

I have not yet fastened the two transparent pins, but I didnt think they were meant to hold the gimbal up, just stop it from dropping off, so I figured that doesnt matter.

The other thing is that after the self test the camera is pointing down instead of straight ahead.

RC has been calibrated and run against both RC assistant and Phantom Assistant.

I also have the latest updates on from today

Main Controller 3.08
P330CB 1.0.2.10
Battery 2.6.0.0
HD-3U 1.0.0.10

Has anyone else seen these issues ?

This is normal since the last update. I suspect it will be fixed in a future update.

I have made a simple solution with a DIY Takeoff Pad. Now the gimbal won't hit the floor and it's easy and light to carry around. :D

a71d0129b061c67bd246a039cdc6e356_zps08f1b05c.jpg

Hughie said:
I have just installed a new H33D to my Phantom 2.

It seems straight and level but one thing which does not seem right is that during its startup self test, when it points 90 down and rolls left and right, the right hand side bangs on the table.

Almost as if the whole thing is too low.

I have not yet fastened the two transparent pins, but I didnt think they were meant to hold the gimbal up, just stop it from dropping off, so I figured that doesnt matter.

The other thing is that after the self test the camera is pointing down instead of straight ahead.

RC has been calibrated and run against both RC assistant and Phantom Assistant.

I also have the latest updates on from today

Main Controller 3.08
P330CB 1.0.2.10
Battery 2.6.0.0
HD-3U 1.0.0.10

Has anyone else seen these issues ?

a dev told me to revert back to an older version of P330CB... I don't know how to do that but mine shows 1.0.2.8 I don't know what that does either. I see your's is a newer version. But mine is same....

Whats the matter with Chinese engineers, is everything upside down over there?
"now lets release a new fw without testing it, and add some features that will make it look like version 1.0"

Taller landing gear fixed this issue for me.

Was this with a p2 version 2, if so how did you go about transplanting your compass ?

Sorry, should have clarified. I didn't replace the stock landing gear. I am using extenders. Lots of them on Shapeways.

New gimbal update today uploaded but still not cures problem now camera finishes set up at 45 degrees

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj