Gimbal and power

Reaction score
Hi all little bit of advice for an idea I have.
I have the 2 axis brushless gimbal same as the one in the enclosed picture, as it's killing my battery and I lose fly time has anybody fitted or considered the 9v square batteries as an alternative power supply??? I've connected the gimbal and it does power it up with no issues.. any thoughts
1e718e8c8f17df2de3d6424883c198d5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can use a Multistar 4000 lipo in the FC40 ,it's a tight fit unless you trim the battery opening a little. Great upgrade.
The weight of the gimbal and camera will knock off a few minutes .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You can also use the Phantom 3 props for a little better times.

I've got the 9450 props fitted and with regards to the gimbal, I'm looking at now buying the G-2D as that's lighter but hacking at my phantom feels like blasphemy lol but yes I have also been looking at alternative batteries with a longer door to compensate for the battery

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I still fly my FC40 with the 4000 battery , I have a G2 also with a SJ5000 camera and fav transmitter . I get a consistent 13 min out of it. The FC40 is my backup to my Phantpm 3p .
I just had to trim the plastic away from the door opening.

How are things with the tall landing gear? I am finding that I may have to use those because of all of the gimbal and camera.
The tall landing gear was nessasary as the Walkera gimbal would hit the ground on unlevel areas.
I don't flu the FC much lately, I love my Phantom 3p . It's still fun to put the FC 40 into manual mode and tear things up.

The tall landing gear was nessasary as the Walkera gimbal would hit the ground on unlevel areas.
I don't flu the FC much lately, I love my Phantom 3p . It's still fun to put the FC 40 into manual mode and tear things up.

If you upgrade to the Tmotors, its practically like flying a new bird. No issues with extra weight from the gimbals, etc. I will have to sell 2 of mine before I upgrade. Still not sure which quad to get next as they all look good and rumors now if a P5 coming out.

You can use a Multistar 4000 lipo in the FC40 ,it's a tight fit unless you trim the battery opening a little. Great upgrade.
The weight of the gimbal and camera will knock off a few minutes .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You can also use the Phantom 3 props for a little better times.
Hi... just out of interest, does your FC40 / 4000 lipo set-up also use a gimbal/camera. I currently use Fc40 with overlander 2900 lipo and 2D gimbal and gopro chinese copy.... this is right on the weight limit and so i have been put off trying for a bigger battery as weight could go too much (ie. no overall benefit). thanks in anticipation of your reply.

I used a Walkera gimble and GoPro clone, SJ5000 . At the time I got about 12 to 15 min on the Multistar 4000 on a calm day .

That is actually the best setup in my opinion for the FC40. If you have not, you might want to get the bigger props I found that it helps a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31