Gimbal alignment after crash

Reaction score
After crash saw that one of the spare's of the main plate that is molded into the gimbal mechanism was slightly bent but that all the motors were working and gimbal controllable from the transmitter. However, I notice that when powered up, the GoPro camera is tilted slightly off the horizontal. Does this mean the gimbal is damaged? Or is it worth dissembling off the P2, inspecting those spares carefully, restraightening if necessary, and reassembly, or this is a waste of time?

I have heard from a a dealer that the most common damage in a crash with the H3 3D is a bent bottom plate...the metal seems very soft and pliable it was easy to eyeball and straighten out with a pair of pliers

It's off line because of the bent arm. I had the same trouble with mine. I bent it back straight and then the same thing happened the next time I crashed. It was only a 1 meter drop and it still bent the arms of the gimbal. I even tried using zip ties on all four arms to try and even out the impact load but still bent them. So last night I made my own anti drop bracket that went over the very centre of the gimbal plate, (with just enough Clearance off the humble so it won't affect the dampening) This way there will be no stress on the arms when I crash. I would post some pics but will have to wait till I get home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik