ghosting in video

Reaction score
I was performing tests of image w/ and w/o ND filter as well as different levels of sharpness in camera. When I played back footage I found this horrible ghosting--can be seen right side of tree branches. This occurred while I was filming 4k30 in both sharpness set to -3 and 0 w/o any filter (not even stock). I imported into my NLE to verify it wasn't an artifact from my media player.

I went back out and did a few more tests 1) props still 2) props rotating 3) P3 flying at 4k30, 4k24, 1080p30 1080p60 and variable sharpness settings...and I could not reproduce the issue at all!

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• ghosting.jpg
    ghosting.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 471
Sorry to dig up such an old post, but I have the exact same issue and couldn't find any info online. With or without screw-on ND-Filter, I get the same ghosting-like effects on my video. I've experimented with various shutter angles and frame rates. The issue is less noticeable when using a high shutter speed. Because I'd like to have real motion blur - but not the ghosty, frame-interpolating kind - this is not really a fix.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? I really don't believe this is normal - otherwise I would have found more coverage on this issue.

Thank you all very much! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub