Getting Windows on a Mac to recognize iOSD Mini

P

Pippin

OK, I have a Mac and installed Parallels on it, then Windows 8.1, so I could update the iOSD Mini. Windows doesn't recognize the Mini. The green/blue lights in the bottom left corner of the screen do not flash. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Both the Mac versions of the Flight Assistant and RC Assistant recognize my new P2 with Zen-muse gimbal, 5.8 video downlink and iOSD Mini.

Yes, I have the same Mac/Windows setup...you have to install the Windows driver first...

I don't understand what Windows driver you're talking about. I downloaded the iOSD Mini .exe file onto my computer at the same time I attached the USB cable between my Mini and computer. I let the Windows program progress and try to recognize the Mini.
I appreciate your trying to help me with this situation.

Welcome to the world of Windows. You need to download and install the driver. It is a totally separate file that you download from DJI's site. It basically allows the OSD software to talk to the OSD itself.

Thank you, Bernardb, ianwood and Goldfishrock! You have been a tremendous help. I'm all set, everything's calibrated. I know why I left Windows. I hate it. The new desktop interface isn't any better than the previous one. I'm much more comfortable on my MAC.
Maybe DJI will one day recognize us Apple computer users..........

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl