Getting very low range...

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

In my P2V I am getting very low distance with the controller, I normally trigger return home in about 150 meters in any direction... This happens in different parts of my city...

Sometimes the 2.4ghz signal goes out first...

TX is in FCC mode... Beeps twice after start ***BUT*** I programmed it in FCC mode via the latest software update... I did not turn the knob in the back... maybe this should be done as well?

Thanks in advance,
JC

Pull_Up said:
I would just turn the screw on the back and try it out. Can't do any harm, and if the pot and the software disagree then it defaults to FCC anyway.

Tried this still the same... Any other ways I cam improve my range?

Also keep in mind your environment, you mention you are in a city. There may be a lot of competing radio transmissions, structures blocking the transmissions, could be a lot of factors. The best way to know if you have a problem with your Phantom is to go out to an open area and try flying there.

Even CE mode should get you more than 150m.

Definitely worth checking range in a more rural setting if possible. If it's still bad then start with suspecting the antenna connections on the transmitter, especially if you've had the back off to update it. If there's nothing obvious then time to talk to your dealer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1