Getting very annoyed with antenna connections SMA

Reaction score
So many items in our life are just plain stupid ... but for simple standard would be so much better for everyone.

We all went through the Video days of Betamax and VHS ..... RC has its FAAAST .... AAAST ... DSM2 .... DSMX ... the list just goes on.

So many examples of stupid companys trying to lock users to their gear ...

I have bought add-ons to improve my already good range on my P3S. Boosters and antenna's to test ...

But now I have to buy MALE to MALE .... MALE to FEMALE .... FEMALE TO FEMALE adaptors to suit each different one ..... no local shop has these of course. So now its wait bl***y postman again ...

Nigel

Same thing with security cams. I put 2 at my mother's house. The one was not coming in clear, so it needed a higher gain antenna. Buy a $5.00 router antenna and call it good, right? Nope. It's SMA instead of RP-SMA, so that I had to buy their special antenna.

I'll add the HDMI connectors too. Type A, B, C, D, E, Mini, Micro, HDMI with Ethernet, HDMI 4K, HDMI 5K, Female or Male ends, ugh! Then add on the versions for them like Version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, 2.1.

Try and find a HDMI micro to HDMI mini in straight-cord design of maybe 4-6 feet in Version 2.0. I'll wait...

I can remember having a similar situation trying to buy the correct compressor airline fittings I required some time ago. :mad:

lol Im in the conector industry and I feel your pain I have to setup CNC machines every day to make different parts for connectors that al do the same thing .... 50ohms all kinds for wireless cell phone towers etc and 75ohms traditional cable television ... our comp make probably 3000 kinds of connectors from the small one to the main 3 inch beasts that cost like $500 each ....

One thing its all those conector that said Made in USA don't believe it ... China...99.9%,,.

Last edited:
I believe the genesis of RP was not to 'lock-in' customers, but to prevent unauthorized mods violating FCC certification (long before the Phantoms arrived).

But it didn't take long for those to be commonly available. Where there's $s there's opportunists.

This really annoyed me.... How can both the recessed and protruding type me male/female. RP gender is just backwards, literally.

4smf3gt.jpg

I'm surprised you don't just get yourself a Phantom 4 and save yourself all this hassle!! I'd guess you like the challenge of modifying the P3.

I'm surprised you don't just get yourself a Phantom 4 and save yourself all this hassle!! I'd guess you like the challenge of modifying the P3.

Or a p3p with today's prices...p4 are Actually weaker in the transmission .Not much difference in general... glossy finish it's nice, speed it's also a plus....

I know there it's something special about the p3s ....

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl