Getting used to the Futaba T8J

Fdnyfish said:
with these settings I can not start the phantom whether switch B is up or down.

What do you mean by "Remember to turn SWB off when you come down as you cannot stop the motors with SWB on with these settings"

Unlike P-mixes which are either on or off, the D/R,Expo feature allows you to apply two sets of curves that are based on a switch position. (it's not on-off,. but more like on-on, or "one way, or another")

If you change the D/R tho, it often limits the range of the sticks so that you'll be unable to arm/disarm the motors, so be careful if you manipulate the settings so that at least in one position the D/R's will allow you to arm/disarm and you can remember to set the switch to it before taking off or when landing.

- tho the motors should shut off if you're able to land on the ground and throttle is at 0 for 3 seconds or more.

I understand knocking down the D/R to 50 and leaving one side at 100.

But whats with the -85 & -90? what do they do. Right now mine are on 0?

Hi,

Being a novice at Phantom flying ( just a few weeks now) I can say I am totally hooked and have now upgraded to the a Futaba T8J TX / RC , the Zen-muse gimbal & the fat shark FPV setup and its all working now ( after a small issue with lid orientation)..but my only issue was the stock controller was so much easier to use, especially with the spring on the throttle so after gaining altitude you could just let go of the throttle stick and it would spring back to centre & go into hover mode, but now with the new setup I have to manually reduce the throttle to where I think hover is and its a bit of steep learning curve for me...had a few very close calls.

So my question is there a way to setup the Futaba T8J in such a way to closely mimic the stock TX..

Also with the added weight has anybody figured out if you need to adjust the gains in Nazza to compensate...for some reason the bird now seems super responsive / agile..it was more docile before..easier to fly!

I set up the T8J as per the HPI Guy's settings again a thank you! but his level of experience is obviously higher..is there a different setup I could be using?

Thoughts & suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard
I am very new to all of this. Does the futaba T8J allow the phantom to have more flying distance? And what is the cost?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31