Getting to stage 3... Almost perfect

Reaction score
Well... I managed to put everything together (almost). Changing the 2.4 antennas on the quad is very simple, but scraping the kryptonite like glue on the 5.8 Ghz radio receiver board is indeed difficult, I scraped the first one like a pro, in less than 10 minutes using a very small screwdriver with a sharp edge. I must say that it came out clean. On the second one, being a little more confident I think I got too cocky, and while almost done I tried to twist the connector a bit at the juncture and broke its base at the board.

I was quite devastated... Now I have to wait while the replacement board gets here and install the antennas again. I think this time it will be faster because I ordered a board that has been propped beforehand. I followed Tony's suggestions to alternate the antennas on the sides, so I have one 5.8 and one 2.4 on each mount. Although now I have only one 5.8 Ghz antenna fully working.

Everything seems to be working as it should, but I'm worried that I have only one 5.8 antenna working. Moreover, I thought that there was going to be permanent damage on the quad it I operated it with ony one antenna connected. Usually when you run a transmitter without antennas it burns out. I'm I running this risk? Your experience or sound advise is welcomed.

Cheers,

Charlie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 631
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 632
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 653
Is there any particular reason to alternate the antennae? Did Tony make that suggestion for a reason?

BaldEagle said:
Is there any particular reason to alternate the antennae? Did Tony make that suggestion for a reason?

Hi,

I asked him as there was not any official guide... For one, I only installed the antennas in those legs that have antennas not in the one with the gyroscope. I think that one of the reasons is to balance weight, but for me the most important is to have some space diversity for the antennas.

Cheers,

Charlie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic