Getting the phantom 4 soon and have some questions

Reaction score
Hi I'm planning on getting the phantom 4 soon just have a few questions

I have the nexus 7 tablet will that work fine with phantom 4?

Is anyone using the nexus 7 with their phantom 4 how has it been so far any issues?
I may get the nvidia k1 if the nexus 7 doesn't do the job i have heard good things about that tablet

When i do the updates i update the phantom first then the controller i do this in that order on every update?

do i have to calibrate the gps each time i fly?

I have the nexus 7 tablet will that work fine with phantom 4?
Do you mean the Nexus 7 (2013)? If so, yes. It works very well.

When i do the updates i update the phantom first then the controller i do this in that order on every update?
Yes, update the Phantom first. I don't know if the order will matter in the future, but it makes a difference now for some reason.

do i have to calibrate the gps each time i fly?
The GPS cannot be calibrated. If you mean then compass, then see this thread for the best advice on when to calibrate.

Welcome - good luck with the P4 - where abouts in the world are you?

Do you mean the Nexus 7 (2013)? If so, yes. It works very well.

Yes, update the Phantom first. I don't know if the order will matter in the future, but it makes a difference now for some reason.

The GPS cannot be calibrated. If you mean then compass, then see this thread for the best advice on when to calibrate.

I have nexus 7 2nd gen.

Ok lets hope when the time comes the updates go smoothly

Yes - good luck - I love mine though have to admit still being a little cautious as can't afford to lose it somewhere over the horizon ! Will you be using the DJI Go App or Litchi?

Yes - good luck - I love mine though have to admit still being a little cautious as can't afford to lose it somewhere over the horizon ! Will you be using the DJI Go App or Litchi?

So you havent had any problems with updates so far?

Will start off with the DJI go app and go from there.

Can you plot waypoints on the dji go app?

So you havent had any problems with updates so far?
With installing them? No. All usually goes smoothly if you install the Phantom firmware first.

Can you plot waypoints on the dji go app?
You have to actually fly to the waypoints to mark them in DJI GO. If you want to plot waypoints from the ground, you'll need a 3rd party app like Litchi.

You cannot plot them on the map as a mission and then get the Phantom to fly them. Within the Go App you can use waypoints but you have to first fly them with the Phantom and record a waypoint in flight and do that to record your waypoint mission. You can then save it and have the Phantom fly it autonomously. If you use Litchi you can create waypoint missions within the app by clicking the map and then uploading it to the Phantom.

You cannot plot them on the map as a mission and then get the Phantom to fly them. Within the Go App you can use waypoints but you have to first fly them with the Phantom and record a waypoint in flight and do that to record your waypoint mission. You can then save it and have the Phantom fly it autonomously. If you use Litchi you can create waypoint missions within the app by clicking the map and then uploading it to the Phantom.

No worries
Will try out the litchi app when the time comes.

No problems so far - touch wood ! The firmware updates went without a hitch and the flights have been good. There is an intelligent flight mode on the DJI App but haven't done much with it yet - from what I understand it isn't as good as Litchi for waypoint flying - but someone else will jump in here and tell you about it

No problems so far - touch wood ! The firmware updates went without a hitch and the flights have been good. There is an intelligent flight mode on the DJI App but haven't done much with it yet - from what I understand it isn't as good as Litchi for waypoint flying - but someone else will jump in here and tell you about it

Glad you love your new phantom 4 and having no issues
Hope mine will be the same

Just another question when you update for the first time and there is more then one update do you go straight to the newest update and download that or download all?

I just followed the prompts and the machine updated itself - I believe it went for the latest version and updated to that - otherwise you could be there a long time going through several update versions

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl