Getting the hang of this - new video

Reaction score
I was out yesterday still trying to get to grips with the phantom. A couple of things I realised - flying in atti mode isn't too bad but the wind can be a problem, in the first section of the video I never had GPS lock (I think due to the trees and the hill behind me) but it was still fairly stable although it drifted a bit. When I moved around to the other side of pollok house, gps lock was on and it held position really well. It was only when I got home started editing the video I realised I had it on the wrong setting and it produced 4:3 ratio video and not full HD.

All in all, the phantom is a great piece of kit and I'm looking forward to going more trips with it.

http://youtu.be/u2RYN8-wR0k

Nice video mate. Thanks for sharing it. The main thing is you're getting a different perspective on everyday things. Here's to plenty more enjoyment.

Bmews

Great video and location, was everything ok with you flying there, I'm taking the p2v to traquire house on the borders in the summer and hoping to get a few flights in.

Thanks for sharing

NEILS said:
Great video and location, was everything ok with you flying there, I'm taking the p2v to traquire house on the borders in the summer and hoping to get a few flights in.

Thanks for sharing

To be honest I didn't ask if I could fly there although the park rangers did drive past a couple of times and slowed down to see what I was doing. I'm guessing if there was anything wrong they would have said something (and of course I would have left).

As it is, I picked a quiet time of day with very few people about compared to a typical Sunday afternoon. I need to go back and try it properly as I seemed to attract a limpit (someone who just wouldn't go away) who was asking all sorts of questions which I tried my best to answer. It was very difficult trying to fly, compose shots and speak to him all at the same time so I tried to be ashelpful as I could and figured I'll go back on a less windy day and get some better shots.

I got my P2V at the end of Feb and I can honestly say that I can't imagine life now without it. I've never flown anything radio controlled before and its an absolute dream to fly. I've had such a buzz from flying this machine that i think (God forbid !) if I lost it I would have to go and fork out over £800 to get another one immediately.

I was out today on our local Rugby pitch chasing some crows around in FPV and it was an absolute blast :D

If you practice regularly it doesn't take long to get quite proficient with it. One think to watch out for when going fast at low level is that the Phantom will initially loose height, so you need to give it some climb with the left stick as you move the right stick forward otherwise you will pile it into terra firma at high speed !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik