Getting Started

• Thread starter Deleted member 8150
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8150

OK, I have absolutely no experience with RC aircraft of any type and I am very interested in getting a phantom to mount my gopro on and get some great video. What is the best way to learn how to fly one of these without crashing my phantom in the process?

Thanks in advance.
Jamie

Fly in open fields or parks, use GPS mode (which is the default out of the box setting) and practice, also do carry out the flying tutorials from the manual. It gets easier in a very short space of time... :mrgreen:

OK, I have absolutely no experience with RC aircraft of any type and I am very interested in getting a phantom to mount my gopro on and get some great video. What is the best way to learn how to fly one of these without crashing my phantom in the process?

Thanks in advance.
Jamie

Take it slow.

Also, you've used your email as your username which not a good idea. The spambots will get a hold of that and your inbox will be flooded with junk. I'd change it!

Jamie,

Go to Amazon and buy a Hubsan X4 H107L plus spare props, batteries and a prop guard. Fly it in your house for a month or two. Bad crashes will cost maybe $1 worth of props, maybe nothing. You will learn to fly. Then buy the Phantom and it'll be a piece of cake to fly and no more crashes! The X4 is really fun too!

Thanks everyone. Not sure if I can change the username or not, I may just have to re-register and delete the old account. Is there a mod who can change my username to Jabo? Thanks in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik