Getting started

Reaction score
I just received my phantom 3 4K pro today. Before I test fly, do I need to download any firmware or anything else? Please help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No you don't need to download any FW, it should work with installed FW.

On your tablet/ phone, you should install DJI Go App as that's the first SW you need to use for the settings of RC and AC.

Better read documents and watch DJI videos for safe operations.

Important things to do before flight: charge batteries fully.
Calibrate IM, gimbal at flat leveled surface
Calibrate compass at site. Pick a site free of trees and buildings and structures around.

1) Blade guards. --The best $20 that I ever spend.
2) In your Live View Ap, should be a setting for Beginning Mode. Set it to On until you get the hang of things.
3) Keep the front of your drone - front. I got my 'bearings' reversed when I flew my drone out straight......then turned it around (180 degrees) and tried to fly it back to me.

Left isn't left anymore, but right....and right it did.....into a tree.
(p.s. This was before I got the Blade Guards...if I had them, the drone would of still been flying )

4) Avoid flying the drone over anything you can't afford to pay......... over homes, cars, people.
While you think having your drone way high high in the air will avoid the drone-eating trees...... birds can still crash your drone.
4b) Don't fly over water. Finding your crashed drone on land is possible. Sunken drone over the ocean is a different , sad,sad story.

5) "Auto return home ": The first thing it does...is to fly straight up about 100 feet. Then it will start thinking about a direct flight towards "home point".
This may not be a good idea when there are power and /or phone lines over head.
5b) Always look up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4