Getting started question

Reaction score
Got p3 pro for present. So now I'm ready to try to link up with iPad mini 2. All tutorial videos are showing using a cable to connect controller to tablet So the question is how do I link the two without a cable? Do I have to have a cable? Not technical savvy so I'm out of my element with computer technology.
Thanks for any tips on getting started

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You really should RTFM first. You can't link them wirelessly - you have to have the cable between the iPad and the remote.
Don't think about flying your very expensive gift without learning the basics. Then watch all the Tutorial videos and read the manual... again. There are also some more detailed guides available on the web, so google these. When you've got the remote linked to the aircraft, don't rush out and fly it, use the simulator in the GO app to practice first.

Got p3 pro for present. So now I'm ready to try to link up with iPad mini 2. All tutorial videos are showing using a cable to connect controller to tablet So the question is how do I link the two without a cable? Do I have to have a cable? Not technical savvy so I'm out of my element with computer technology.
Thanks for any tips on getting started

You should be able to use your charging cable for your iPad. The end at the charger block is a usb.

Have gotten firmware updated using wifi I have been able to view camera on tablet without using USB cable connection. So I need to get smaller USB connector to use since the iPad and p3 have the standard USB ends. Yes I wish dji had a better manual. With lots of pictures,,, lots of pictures Lol. I don't plan on spinning propellers on for quite awhile.
Again thanks for the input

Last edited:
If you're looking for a shorter lightning cable, check out this 12" Cambond cable. It's made very well and is the perfect length.

If needed, you can find the Phantom manual on the P3P downloads page. It contains a lot more information than the quick start guide that was packed in your Phantom box.

Last edited:
Go over to YouTube and search out a channel called Tom's tech time. Search out all the videos that pertain to you, and watch them very closely. This guys really good at explaining it for newbies.......

Got p3 pro for present. So now I'm ready to try to link up with iPad mini 2. All tutorial videos are showing using a cable to connect controller to tablet

Have gotten firmware updated using wifi I have been able to view camera on tablet without using USB cable connection.

Am I the only one confused here??

The OP says that he has a P3 Pro, yet he says that he's updated firmware, and has camera view, both via WiFi.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DanMan32
That didn't click with me either. Only thing he can update without the cable is the apps on the tablet and there certainly isn't any picture viewing without one. Could he be confused and have either a 3s or 3-4K?

Have gotten firmware updated using wifi I have been able to view camera on tablet without using USB cable connection. So I need to get smaller USB connector to use since the iPad and p3 have the standard USB ends. Yes I wish dji had a better manual. With lots of pictures,,, lots of pictures Lol. I don't plan on spinning propellers on for quite awhile.
Again thanks for the input
Even without a manual, the quick start guide should have made it clear how to hook everything up. BTW, you need a USB to lightning cable to connect the mini.

Sorry it is the p3 with 4K camera. And I am operating and viewing the camera without a micro USB. Cable. Is anyone using iPad mini 2 , It seems I need a micro USB cable end for controller and the other end will have to be an apple USB end for tablet.... sorry for confusion , it's confusing on this end.. can I borrow someones grandkid lol

Ok I'm really confused I am able to control the craft and functions via wifi. Including spinning motor s and accessing flight simulator... sorry for all questions and confusion. But rest assured I guarantee I will have more. And thanks for bearing with me . And all the videos help too

OK, the P3 4k is basically a P3s with a 4k camera so the interface is via WiFi. So most of what we told you above probably doesn't apply!

@tnrob

In case your still unclear, you don't use a cable.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj