Getting set up in FPV

Reaction score
Hello, first post here. Grateful to have this resource. Thanks in advance for any comments, advice or direction to info I might have missed.

I have a month of daily flying under my belt with a phantom 2, H3-2d gimbal, go pro 3+ black. Ridiculously fun, and no problems so far! I would like to get into FPV now. I've read as much info as I can find here and on other forums, youtube, etc but haven't been able to find definitive answers to a few things.

I think I'd like to get set up with the ImmersionRC 5.8 600 mw transmitter and mini iosd from Dji, and either the Zeiss cinemizer goggles, or the maybe the Skyzone FPv Goggles. I've heard great things about the screens/comfort etc.

Q1. Are they all compatible and/or interchangeable?
Q2. With the zeiss's, I'd need to purchase a receiver as well, correct? Any recommendations?
Q3. The Skyzones have a built in receiver I believe, but need a separate battery. Any recommendations there?
Q4. Are the stock antenna's Ok for now, flying in relatively open areas up to 1K?
Q5. Down the road, MAYBE, I'd like to set myself up with the DJi iPad ground station/ data link etc if surpassing the 1300g weight isn't a factor in combination with FPV.. From what I've learned so far, you can't fly fpv from an iPad, but does anyone know if one can "watch" fpv through goggles or screen, while using the ground station set up?
Q6. Any other things I would need or suggestions?

Thanks again very much! :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj