Getting rid of Liliput 664/W .. Black Pearl or Boscam?

Reaction score
I am not happy with my Lilliput 664/W with my DJI AVL58. I am thinking of getting a new monitor to use with the AVL58. Which monitor works best with the AVL58 .. for range and clarity... Black Pearl or Boscam? Also does anyone have a solution for mounting AVL58 at 45 degree angle on bottom of P2?

Bugatti said:
I am not happy with my Lilliput 664/W with my DJI AVL58. I am thinking of getting a new monitor to use with the AVL58. Which monitor works best with the AVL58 .. for range and clarity... Black Pearl or Boscam? Also does anyone have a solution for mounting AVL58 at 45 degree angle on bottom of P2?

The Lilliput arguably has a better screen than the alternatives, so you might also consider simply adding a separate receiver, that is more compatible with the AVL58 TX, and keeping the monitor.

I have the AVL58 RX! I want to stay away from external Lipos and RX on back of monitor ...

sar104 said:
Bugatti said:
I have the AVL58 RX! I want to stay away from external Lipos and RX on back of monitor ...

Oh - so if you are not using the Lilliput for RX then what is the problem with it, and how will a new monitor have any effect on range?

He said he has the AVL58 RX, not that he is using it. It looks he is using the Lilliput's built in RX and wants to avoid having to mount and power the AVL58 RX. Like you mentioned though, the Lilliput 664/W has much better specs and looks much better, but without good video input, that doesn't matter and it seems as though Lilliput has some major issues with their RXs. I was going to get the Lilliput 664/W until I kept reading that they have problems with the AVL58 TX, so for now I am using a cheap monitor and AVL58 RX powered from an external li-po pack, which I can say from experience, kinda sucks.

madsonp said:
Check the connectors on your antennas, in the center of the connector you have a male and female ends, make sure your connectors match up, also if you are just using the antenna that came with the monitor consider going with different antennas such as these http://www.heli-world.com/dji-5-8ghz-vi ... 8gv07.html

or these
http://www.floridauav.com/ibcrazy-5-8-g ... tenna-set/

Unfortunately it is an acknowledged problem that the Lilliput does not play well with the AVL58 TX, even though there is a version of the 664/w with the correct frequencies. Last I heard they were still working on a fix.

I am getting great range (3.8km this morning) and quality with Lilliput 664/W and Fatsharks being driven by ImmersionRC Duo receiver and two good antennae. I have an ImmersionRC 250mW transmitter on my P2. If you already own a Lilliput, I would suggest the Duo and the 250mW VTx.

Kelly

Thank you for everyone's input ... I just want to make myself very clear what I am after ...

1. An FPV monitor that is self contained ... internal receiver and battery - preferably removable
2. A monitor that will play well with DJI AVL58 as I do not intend to change that TX

Thanks again!

I have the AVL58 and it works fine with the Boscam. Pairs easily. I suggest changing out the antennas though...

@KBurn - Can you easily replace the battery of the Boscam? How long does a battery realistically last?

I found that using a 10dBic crosshair antenna on the Lilliput receiver helps a lot. It's more directional but not so much that you notice because you're typically facing the direction of the Phantom anyway. I've got an Uno that I use for the DVR and I'll use it for both when I do long distance, but the Lilliput with the crosshair is solid up to 600-700m.

wkf94025 said:
I am getting great range (3.8km this morning) and quality with Lilliput 664/W and Fatsharks being driven by ImmersionRC Duo receiver and two good antennae. I have an ImmersionRC 250mW transmitter on my P2. If you already own a Lilliput, I would suggest the Duo and the 250mW VTx.

Kelly

Hey just to confirm… so you're using an external RX on the 664/W ? You can do that? Does it still feature the "No BLUE SCREEN" when you use an external video input from the external RX?

yes and yes, though i sometimes use the Lilliput's receiver with either my patch antenna or helical antenna, and can usually get 1km clarity with the Lilliput receiver. up to 4km with the Duo receiver and the right antennas.

kelly

@wkf94025 - What cable are you using to connect your receiver to the av input on Lilliput monitor? I am trying to make a short cable to connect my AVL58 RX to monitor. I find that the 4 pin 3.5mm jack on cable that ships with monitor is longer than regular jacks and all those I have tried do not work ....
Also what $20 patch antenna are you using?

the Lilliput jack is unique, and you need to solder together the Lilliput jack with a "srandard 4 conductor 3.5mm jack. thanks Lilliput.

kelly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers