Getting ready to "swim!!!!"

Reaction score
Hopefully not! I'm getting ready my Phantom 2 (latest version) to take footage from the lake. I have flown 60 flights without any accidents (yet!!), maybe because I'm super cautious. Anyway I already have a solution to avoid it going to the bottom of the lake should it fall in the water, but I was researching about this protective spray H2OFF ELECTRIC. It a nano technology spray. It isn't cheap but it could be worth to use it to protect circuits of the phantoms. Has anyone have experience about this.
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
By the way, here you can get an idea of what kind of lake I'm talking about.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't bother.

Noting will provide protection from submersion.

What was the name of that company from last year advertising the same thing, liqupel or something like that? Around $500 but in the fine print it said something stupid like not 100% guaranteed. If you fly her be prepared to lose her, fly her like you stole her and expect every flight to be her last. Stick to that guide line and you'll get most satisfaction with least dissapointment ;)

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Hmm... Guess it didn't work out so well then.

obviously works in the video above, pretty cool, would be neat to fly in the rain

I see they have taken drones off their list of treatable products
http://www.liquipel.com/

looks like they only are focusing on Smartphones and headphones.....

Rustoleum bought a company called Neverwet last year and my son put it on his deck. You can find the stuff at Home Depot... cool stuff! Probably could coat the Phantom to fly in rain with it....

Thanks for the fast replies. No, I will not let the phantom in the water. Just want to reduce damage in a worst case scenario. I assume some of you already saw this video
I don't think it's a fake.

Don't try this at home

Don't try this at home

Tricky bastards... they spray the parts without Gloves but when they drop the treated parts in the tank they have "flesh colored" gloves on..... only time the unprotected hand went in the water was to drop a smartphone. Wish they would have tried a toaster.

To your point djphantom2015- what harm is it going to do?

Hopefully not! I'm getting ready my Phantom 2 (latest version) to take footage from the lake. I have flown 60 flights without any accidents (yet!!), maybe because I'm super cautious. Anyway I already have a solution to avoid it going to the bottom of the lake should it fall in the water, but I was researching about this protective spray H2OFF ELECTRIC. It a nano technology spray. It isn't cheap but it could be worth to use it to protect circuits of the phantoms. Has anyone have experience about this.
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
By the way, here you can get an idea of what kind of lake I'm talking about.

Get one of those Mariner drones, part drone, part submarine:

You can Google "Mariner drone" for more in the water, in the air videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.