Getting new P4 Should I update firmware?

Reaction score
Getting my Reburbished P4 delivered on 1/13/17. Bought it direct from DJI.
After reading all of the problems with updating firmware should I just fly with what it came with or update the RC and AC firmware after about 10 flights?
Impatiently waiting,
RC

The firmware will be easy to update if you follow these steps exactly. It's optional though, so you could certainly fly before updating it if that's what you'd like to do.

I think the firmware update issues were mainly with the P3 series. I'm pretty sure the latest P4 firmware addresses stability. I updated the firmware on my P4 through the Go app and didn't have any problems.

I would fly her as is until you are comfortable with your bird. When you feel you know what your doing & have read the manual upteen times, Then go for the firmware upgrade.
I read so many posts re- Upgrade won't take or RC won't recognise my AC, etc. & being a brand new user the last thing you want to do is fight an upgrade when you could have been flying & gaining basic knowledge to then, tackle the firmware upgrade
just my 2 cents

I flew mine twice using the old GO App and my phone and was not asked to update firmware. After purchasing an iPad the next day I installed GO4 and was prompted to update all firmware. The app walked me through everything and I had no problems, it was flawless.

I read so many posts re- Upgrade won't take or RC won't recognise my AC, etc
FWIW, I've helped many Phantom owners with these issues. In nearly all of the cases, the problem was caused by an incorrect firmware installation method.

Probably read the manual 4 or 5 more times, fly it 3 to 4 times and then upgrade firmware.

Thanks for all the input.
RC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20