Getting my P3A on the 15/9/2015

Reaction score
Just placed my order from Jessops.£899.00, from the P3A. Also some proper blade protectors.. Get my kit on the 15/09/2015.. Can't wait. I have also just bought a iPad mini 2 32gig wifi and cellular for the FPV. Will be doing some low level flying on my garden before I go to the local park..hope I will be ok with it. Just a bit scared if I lose FPV and can't get it back home..not too good at knowing which way it will be flying. Any tips would be fantastic.i got some very good info last night from a member on this forum. Big thanks for that..

Steve if its a big enough garden then go for it, otherwise I say you should be fine in an open field of a park.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Hi Del. this is my garden, what do you think ?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442161562.464325.jpg

Thats big enough...
Just remember to take it slowly and not too fast as when it brakes it does drift slightly.

If flying there, it would be best to fly 50 ft+ above all obstacles until you are comfortable with the controls.

Just placed my order from Jessops.£899.00, from the P3A. Also some proper blade protectors.. Get my kit on the 15/09/2015.. Can't wait. I have also just bought a iPad mini 2 32gig wifi and cellular for the FPV. Will be doing some low level flying on my garden before I go to the local park..hope I will be ok with it. Just a bit scared if I lose FPV and can't get it back home..not too good at knowing which way it will be flying. Any tips would be fantastic.i got some very good info last night from a member on this forum. Big thanks for that..
You will soon lose much of your fear, but don't get careless as your confidence grows. Be systematic with your preflight checks and never take anything for granted.

As for losing FPV. It does happen from time to time. Don't panic. Keep in mind however that almost always you still have control. Just remember that you don't even need a mobile device to fly. If you lose FPV and are still in line of sight, just fly it home and land. Easy. If out of sight, hit RTH and it will come back. If you lose RC control, the P3 will come home. Again, don't panic.

Practice these situations so you grow confident. Also, since you have an iPad, use the simulator. It's not exactly like real life, but it gives you a feel for the controls.

After a while you will be more comfortable when you lose FPV. When it happens to me, I mostly just shut down the app and then restart it again even with the P3 in the air. No worries.

Last edited:
Reactions: lotusteve
Thanks a lot. If I take it to 50 foot and take my thumbs of the controls will p3 just hover up there. Also what sort of wind can you fly in.

Thanks a lot. If I take it to 50 foot and take my thumbs of the controls will p3 just hover up there. Also what sort of wind can you fly in.
If everything is calibrated correctly, it will just hover there even in wind. It's quite amazing really.

I don't suggest you try this, but there was a YouTube video of a kid trying to push his P3 while it was hovering to get it to change position. The P3 firmly held its position as the kid pushed on its landing gear, even tilting the P3. The P3 remained steady, absorbing quite a lot without moving. Of course, the kid grew bolder and he finally pushed on the P3 too hard. The P3 said "that's quite enough, thank you." It flew off and crashed into a building only a few meters away, ejecting its battery. Sad to see the P3 crash, but it happened to a deserving owner!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik