Getting mine soon Iphone 6+?

Reaction score
Hey all - I am a Phantom 2 owner and am eagerly awaiting my Phantom 3 Professional to arrive. I have an Iphone 6 plus - but am wondering if I should just get an Ipad mini2. I have an ipad air, but I am guessing the mount wont work for that size device? (or am I wrong?)

Can't wait for it to arrive! Totally stoked to be a two generation Phantom owner :)

In my opinion, use the iPad Air. It will fit (without a case or cover). I use the Air 2 and it works great. Some people feel that it's hard to hold, but I really don't find that is a problem at all. I can still hold the controller in my left hand and throttle down with my left thumb while hand-catching the Phantom with my right.

BUT, if you need an 'excuse' to buy a new iPad Mini 2, just ignore my post!

Chris

That was my excuse to buy the iPad mini. Lol.

Reactions: Buckaye
The iPad Mini 2 is working well for me. I think it's the perfect balance between screen size and tablet weight.

Thanks - no - I don't need a reason to purchase the Mini - happy to use my Air - just surprised it fits in the holder. I figure it can't be any more unwieldy than my kumbacam monitor on my Phantom 2.

do you guys use some sort of glare cover? If so... where did you get it?

do you guys use some sort of glare cover? If so... where did you get it?

I bought one, but haven't needed to use it yet. My iPad Air 2 was also bought because of the new Phantom! I had the much older iPad 2 which was horrible in bright sunlight. The Air 2 is better and I've not needed the shield.

The shield I bought was: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UYMOL22/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's ok, but honestly a bit heavy. That may be why I haven't used it yet. If I find that I really need it, I may simply use the shape outline and make a custom one out of poster board.

Chris

iPhone 6 Plus and Ipad air 1 and 2 work fine with the holder. I have all 3. Mini will work too.I think ANY 'i" device will work with the holder. But the holder has to be completely maxed out to hold the iPad Airs

Flying with iPhone6+, works like a charm. It's big enough and not heavy at all. So far without any sun shade but most likely will get one or make one soon. Sunny daytime flying in the open and you can't see much if you need to tweak the exposure etc..

I also confirm that IPhone 6+ is great with P3. But, as other suggested, I prefer a bit the Ipad Air because it's better for my sight although the RC will result quite heavy. Beware that if you use graphic hardware accel on, the rigs will get hot and their battery drains faster.
Anyway definetely I need a sun shader for both .. it's really a must.

I am thinking of getting a 6+ next week.

My 5S is too small, I did try my sons 6 but that was a little small as well. So I was hoping the 6+ would be ok.

I do have an android tab 8.4 but the lack of maps on it is not helpful, also android does not suit my ecosystem i have on devices.

I use the IPad Air. I've had no issues with it. No disconnecting, No lagging, everything is smooth. Not sure what i'm missing out on with the IPAD Air 2 or Mini 2 and 3, maybe better screen?

This is all super helpful guys... thanks! I'll wait to get it and try the Ipad Air - I don't mind the extra weight (as I said the kumbacam setup on my Phantom 2 controller is quite heavy.) I'll also try with my iPhone 6+ just thought it would be harder to see telemetry info...

This is all super helpful guys... thanks! I'll wait to get it and try the Ipad Air - I don't mind the extra weight (as I said the kumbacam setup on my Phantom 2 controller is quite heavy.) I'll also try with my iPhone 6+ just thought it would be harder to see telemetry info...

Nahhh... it depends by your sight ... 6+ has very beautiful screen !!

My son's 6 display was super bright even in the sun, so i am hoping the + will give the edge on view ability ??

I use a iPhone 6 Plus and love it. The screen is just about perfect for flying. It's light enough that I do not feel like I'm holding a brick for a controller. I've also used my iPad mini Retina, which is nice but large and heavy, when compared to the 6+. I've also used my samsung galaxy tab s tablet, that screen is the perfect (a little larger then the 6+ but smaller then an iPad mini) size but it's wifi only and I do not have a tethered data plan...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub